Parting Out Vancouver Island 1970 or 1971 FJ40 VERY VERY rusty all parts available (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I posted about this truck a few weeks ago and we're gonna part it out. Here's what I said before in this post:

My dad has owned this FJ since the '70s. It's been in the ocean a couple of times so the body and frame are totally shot. Finally something in the drivetrain went and he just parked it - this was at least 10 years ago. Since then, nature has been doing its thing. To add to the fun, the vehicle is located on a small island off Vancouver Island that is relatively accessible but does not have ferry service.

Parting Out FJ40

I can't get under the vehicle or to the drivetrain without major effort. (I'd have to bring a jack over) So I can only get to stuff on the sides and interior of the truck only. If there are parts you're interested, in my ideal would be for you to tell me what tools I'd need to pull the parts you want. Also, if there are rare parts I should remove I'd like to know which they are!

Wow, amazing color that 40.

I have several things I'm interested in:
The Carburetor (if undamaged and looks good)
Intake/Exhaust manifold
Oil fill cap/chain
oil fill tube
The horns (beep beep)
Window Washer bottle
Window washer motor if its still there
Steering Wheel
Amber Side Marker lights (above the front fenders)
Both Window regulators on front door if they work(Window crank)
Top Dash Pad (it looks good from the pictures)
Headlight Buckets
Windshield wiper arms
Windshield wipe motor
Driver side Dome light (not in picture but hoping it's there)
instrument cluster (@Michael B had first dibs on your original post)

Any holes on the fenders? Im sure there is more but this is just what I can think of from the top of my head.

Tools that you'll mostly use is a :
12mm wrench for Carb, horns, windshield washer bottle
14mm and 17mm wrench for fuel lines that connect to carb
8mm or 9mm wrench for inside the instrument cluster
Philips screw driver for Carb, headlight buckets, windshield arms, instrument cluster
Flathead screw driver for carb
Steering wheel puller for steering wheel
19mm socket for manifold? I can't remember. Either that or it was a 17mm

I don't remember the other size of wrenches for the remainder of the stuff. But if you could put a price on the items I thought of before you take anything off. I don't want you having to do the labor before we agree on what sells/stays. Thank you for your time :)

Last edited:
I posted about this truck a few weeks ago and we're gonna part it out. Here's what I said before in this post:

My dad has owned this FJ since the '70s. It's been in the ocean a couple of times so the body and frame are totally shot. Finally something in the drivetrain went and he just parked it - this was at least 10 years ago. Since then, nature has been doing its thing. To add to the fun, the vehicle is located on a small island off Vancouver Island that is relatively accessible but does not have ferry service.

Parting Out FJ40

I can't get under the vehicle or to the drivetrain without major effort. (I'd have to bring a jack over) So I can only get to stuff on the sides and interior of the truck only. If there are parts you're interested, in my ideal would be for you to tell me what tools I'd need to pull the parts you want. Also, if there are rare parts I should remove I'd like to know which they are!

Hi ,

I would like the :

HAZARD Switch w/ red knob

-
BOTH Heater Blower Fan switches , and the H knobs

- The Throttle Cable assy

- The Choke Cable Assy .

im sending a PM

thanks

I’ll be out there this weekend so we will see how much success I have with 49 (gulp) year old plastic and fasteners!

I would be interested in the heater pipes that go through the firewall.
Thanks

I would also be interested in the Inspection Light socket which is the plug that should be right next to the heater pipes. Small screws to remove it. The heater pipes are just hose clamps.

I would be interested in the front grill with bezel and mesh screen
The two aprons that bolt to the fenders ( Have the amber marker light & "land cruiser" emblems attached to them )
Both fenders pending some pictures of rust
Possibly the windshield frame depending on the condition once pulled.

Thanks!!

By the way. The front tool box clips on the drivers seat and the rear drivers seat mounting brackets are good resale pieces.

Interested in the door catches on the tub where the door handle latches against it, and the two screws that hold each on. And if the door stops are on the doors, they are right where the door hinges are but on the inside of the door.
Thanks Ryan

I am pretty sure it is long gone - Sorry!

I can’t go back f to see it or a while. This is a slow process!

Parting Out FJ40

steering wheel for sale?

I was the first person to post in this "parting out" thread with a list of parts I wanted from your Fj40 as I have the same year and model; however, I never got an acknowledgement. The steering wheel was included in the list.

Have all the other parts been accounted for?

Last edited:
I'd be interested in the windshield hold downs. They would be bolted to the hood under all the pine needles.
Also the backup light lens if it's not cracked.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom