Truck wont start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Cruiser will not start. When I turn the key it clicks then nothing. Will not even jump off. Battery has 13.89 volts. Connections all around seem tight. Tapped the starter but seems to make no difference.

Where are the studs I am supposed to cross with a screw driver to check solenoid?

The large one on the starter w/ the battery cable connected to it and the spade the small wire is connected to, also on the starter, it has the plastic shroud.

May want to buy a remote starter device.

15819820334538266709561597497195.jpg

15819821385181839744853078618692.jpg

Got it going but not sure if it is the starter. I did tap the starter with a rubber mallet but it would not start after that. Made sure everything was good at the positive battery terminal and it started up. Nothing connection wise was loose. I noticed after trying to start the truck voltage at the battery was down to like 3 however after close to a minutes time it was back at 12. Tried it again and vroom.

Replace electrical cables etc?

Was voltage value from a handheld meter or on dash gauge?

Id closely inspect the fusible links, even underside, mine were broken but the insulation on the top looked fine.

Did you start it w ignition switch or remote starter button, like in photo i posted? If ignition switch, i might look at ignition switch. I will look at one and see if they can be taken apart and post back in a little while.

Started via switch inside cruiser. I did take apart positive connection and clean everything. I don't think that was the problem however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom