Transmission Problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My truck seems to have broke thru another transmission seal. I had the seals fixed once at Toyota about 26,000 miles/3.5 years ago. I even had the tranny fluid flushed and drained since. I got hit for about $1300 last time.

2 Questions:

What kills these seals? I found some other Tacomas with seal problems on the net - but it seems you can find other people with just about any problem. Nobody had a real answer.

Should I replace (new/used) the tranny or rebuild it while I'm at it? The tranny works fine otherwise, but I was just thinkin that it might be cost efficient this way. The truck has 113,000 miles.

I think I just want a little sympothy. This really impairs the purchase of my sliders and lockers.

Unhappy Wheeler - Tommy

PS: It's an auto transmission linked to the 4cyl engine.

Does Lance at IronPig work on transmissions?

Tommy, I wish I could help, but I don't have answers to ANY of your questions. :doh:

Thanks. I finally had a chance to have a better look at it this afternoon and I'm not 100% sure that its not power stering fluid or simply a leak in the tranny lines. Obviously my lack of knowledge is showing here. I'm going to try to clean it up and pin point it better. I'll let you know.

Thanks again. Tommy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom