Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Parts Program Discussion (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Kurt, I missed your post earlier. My f145 is a '69 build, I don't have the block or head number handy but it has the early 2 barrel manifold.

I bought some aftermarket wheel cylinders from you awhile back for my 40. šŸ‘
Now I'm hunting for them for my 67 Stout! :rolleyes:

I dug pretty hard for Stout cylinders for my 1965. Best I came up with was having them re-lined.

They do show wheel cylinders forthcoming for the 40 Series. šŸ˜Ž

I dug pretty hard for Stout cylinders for my 1965. Best I came up with was having them re-lined.

They so show wheel cylinders forthcoming for the 40 Series. šŸ˜Ž

any Safety related items in the head-winds Kurt ?

seat belts , or a updated Roll Bar perhaps , or head rests ......

i still simply find it very un-TOYOTA that a modern TOKAIRIKA JAPAN Spec. made 3 point front seats set up that maybe covered 1973-10/85 40 series , included new femle receivers too , has not been in the rumor concept idea stage perhaps ?

- a 4 point rear jump seat set up would be a truly revolutionary idea as well , a 2 pc retractable lap belt set up would be a welcome topic too ...

I don't see any seatbelt mentions. I see a brake master cylinder. Given a popular master cylinder was recently discontinued, I suspect it may be that one... similar to the calipers.

I know Australia Toyota's biggest market for the 40 series never had a roll bar. The few markets that had a roll bar would be hard to convince Toyota to reproduce much less upgrade. Plus there are too many aftermarket roll cages available.

I don't see any seatbelt mentions. I see a brake master cylinder. Given a popular master cylinder was recently discontinued, I suspect it may be that one... similar to the calipers.

With everything going on with Takata, I am sure the idea of reproducing 40 year old safety devices made by them probably doesnā€™t fit into the long term narrative for this program.

Considering how short lived it will be.

Safety Restore will continue to do brisk business.

The plot thickensā€¦

FA81004F-B8A6-4F49-8573-01D15C2EF261.jpeg

The Project is an initiative to reissue discontinued service parts and sell them anew as genuine parts to meet customers' desires to keep on driving their memory-filled beloved cars.

In 2023, TGR plans to launch 32 items for eight models, expanding by three the range of Toyota Land Cruiser models covered. As a first step, TGR plans to release rear axle shafts for the Land Cruiser 70 and Land Cruiser 80 in April 2023.

The TGR website accepts requests for parts to be reissued and, from January 13, 2023, it started accepting requests from Land Cruiser 60, 70, and 80 customers.

The types of parts to be reissued are to be selected while taking into consideration such requests.

For more information, please visit the following URL. LandCruiser40 Heritage parts request - https://www.toyota.co.jp/cmpnform/pub/co/landcruiser_form_en

A logical jump for sure! Very interesting but the parts transferring from normal outlets to the heritage program for a big hike is definitely a bummer.

What are the odds on cable lockers for 60 series?

If you do the math it's not likely. 32 new releases across eight models averages only four items per model.

Rear locker requires a FF rear axle never offered here in the US. Besides the diff need the long spline inner axles. Cables and handles. Takes more than just the diff.

I have a set of cable locker diffs in Australia. No rush to get them until I can get the long spline front inner axle and rear FF axles which are also in Australia.

There was a set of cable locking diffs, correct inner axles and cable set up for sale in ME. Tempting except I do not have a FF 60 series axle here. Plus might are 4.11:1 and the one for sale are from a diesel in Europe with 7.30:1 gears.

@Living in the Past ,

this is eazy peezy for The Land Cruiser Heritage Parts Project to make happen in short order without taking in requests for consideration .....

- each Land Cruiser model above had many many different Fusible Links variations throughout its production dates range ,
the 60 series and 70 series having the most complex varieties

- you subtract the planned axle shafts topic already on the table for the 70 and 80 series

- there are no less then 25+ unique and different Land Cruiser fusible links Part #'s that are Disc. / NLA for FJ , BJ , HJ etc...

Well that sucks, I wonder if there will be anymore ? somehow I doubt it

Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 22.44.47 pm.png

What uses 0W-20 motor oil? Sewing machines?

200 heritage? Modern engine? Now Iā€™m really confused what this ā€œHeritageā€ program is about.

Iā€˜m pretty sure Iā€™m not going to be putting 0W-20 in any of my ā€œheritageā€ Toyota rigs.

200 heritage? Modern engine? Now Iā€™m really confused what this ā€œHeritageā€ program is about.

Iā€˜m pretty sure Iā€™m not going to be putting 0W-20 in any of my ā€œheritageā€ Toyota rigs.
The display is both GR Heritage Parts and GR Parts, all of which are under the Gazoo Racing program.

Fixed the photo for you :D

24708B42-EC80-44EB-A193-295C39403DA1.jpeg

Photos from Tanakasan who is running the Land Cruiser heritage parts for TMC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom