Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Parts Program Discussion (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why is it that no one has ever produced the interior door handle/plastic. Seems the plastic will crack over time but you are forced to buy the whole mechanism if you've only lost the plastic handle.

The handle from 1/75-8/76 were chrome metal. Idea door to me is those handle pulls. 1/75-9/75 chrome metal window cranks and 11/83+ door pulls to close the door. That replaced the strap that always break. While those pulls are NLA the early 70 series used the same pull in gray versus black and still available last time I checked. Believe City Racer sells them.

The handle from 1/75-8/76 were chrome metal. Idea door to me is those handle pulls. 1/75-9/75 chrome metal window cranks and 11/83+ door pulls to close the door. That replaced the strap that always break. While those pulls are NLA the early 70 series used the same pull in gray versus black and still available last time I checked. Believe City Racer sells them.

'74 and earlier door had these interior handles:

124-earlydoor-big[1].png

When the plastic fractures from being struck or just old age the mechanicals are often still functional. A replacement for the damaged/missing plastic would be nice.

Replaced my 68 doors with 79 doors back in 1983. AZ washboard roads the two piece doors are rattle traps. The doors I removed still had the plastic covers. My now long ago ex was quick to sell them. Otherwise sure I would still have them. I have three other sets of two piece doors with intact plastic handles. Plus three sets of ambulance doors and only one is missing the plastic handle. Because the right door uses the same mechanism as the ambulance door that side mechanism at least is still available from Toyota. If you follow pricing of some of the few parts available thru the Heritage program the whole mechanism isn't that expensive.

Seems that plastic piece could be reproduced with a 3D printer. That part is the same for either side and ambulance door.

'74 and earlier door had these interior handles:

View attachment 3206553

When the plastic fractures from being struck or just old age the mechanicals are often still functional. A replacement for the damaged/missing plastic would be nice.
That door looks way better than the late doors. They look stronger too

Where can you get Gasket Kits? Anywhere?
Toyota still has some for 2F I believe, but the F145 that I have, nla. Can't even get an oem head gasket separately.

Toyota still has some for 2F I believe, but the F145 that I have, nla. Can't even get an oem head gasket separately.

What month/year is your F145?

Which wheel cylinders are you hunting?

I have a question for our vendors on this awesome thread or anyone really who may know. The GR Heritage site lists the Vane Pump as "Old Part Number" 44320-60080 and says to reach out to a Toyota dealer for the part. The application for this part is 1981 to 1984 BJ60s on Gazoo's site and it looks like on the Toyota parts online portal this part lists at over $2700!!! I wonder if this PS pump would fit early FJ60s (1980-1984)? It looks like the part number for FJ60 PS pumps is 44320-60071. Can anyone tell me if the Gazoo pump 44320-60080 can be used on an FJ60 in place of the NLA PS pump with part number 44320-60071? Also, would the dealer be the only option for sourcing one of these pumps? Thank you for sharing your understanding on this.

Screenshot_20230104-212023.png

I have a question for our vendors on this awesome thread or anyone really who may know. The GR Heritage site lists the Vane Pump as "Old Part Number" 44320-60080 and says to reach out to a Toyota dealer for the part. The application for this part is 1981 to 1984 BJ60s on Gazoo's site and it looks like on the Toyota parts online portal this part lists at over $2700!!! I wonder if this PS pump would fit early FJ60s (1980-1984)? It looks like the part number for FJ60 PS pumps is 44320-60071. Can anyone tell me if the Gazoo pump 44320-60080 can be used on an FJ60 in place of the NLA PS pump with part number 44320-60071? Also, would the dealer be the only option for sourcing one of these pumps? Thank you for sharing your understanding on this.

Reservoir is different on the 60080

You can still order the correct application 60071 pump for under $1k ;)

Toyota added a few new items to the list including calipers. Of course we’ve already been offering these OE loaded calipers at a significantly lower price.

Funny. They discontinued the -60021/-60021-84 calipers and then reintroduced them for the JDM in the parts program.

:lol: Classic.

I'll keep buying the new loaded ones from you Kurt. :)

Agreed, I giggled at that one too. They are double the price now too :(

Fortunately we still have a pallet load of our loaded ones that are a better price.

What month/year is your F145?

Which wheel cylinders are you hunting?

Hi Kurt, I missed your post earlier. My f145 is a '69 build, I don't have the block or head number handy but it has the early 2 barrel manifold.

I bought some aftermarket wheel cylinders from you awhile back for my 40. 👍
Now I'm hunting for them for my 67 Stout! :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom