Towing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, For our cruisers what size car hauler deck do you guys use ?

Fits on a standard uhaul setup fine, though the front wheel tie-downs were a bit small for the 33s that were on there.

bMiR4sR.jpg

Thanks, I’m wanting to buy another trailer. Wanting one with more flexibility.

I’m thinking longer easier to control the sway and tongue weight.

Hi, Hopeing 18 foot bed is enough . No u haul for me after seeing a couple of stories here.Would you guys attach to the frame or axles or both. Straps or chains?

I strapped around each axle, one forward and one back. .

Hi, Hopeing 18 foot bed is enough . No u haul for me after seeing a couple of stories here.Would you guys attach to the frame or axles or both. Straps or chains?
@Michael Hanson , are you looking to trailer your 60 or use it as a tow pig? back when my 1st gen 4runner was a trailer queen my 16' flat deck was more than enough. the odd time hauling full size vehicles on the same trailer i never felt i didn't have enough trailer. the tow pig was another story. steep down grades were my pucker your @$$ rides. the wife's '98 z71 worked well for most terrain but i felt it wasn't big enough to properly control the trailer on steep down hills.
regarding strapping/chaining down, i prefer chains to the axles. i'm not getting into a debate as to how to chain down, i'll just tell you what worked well for me. chain around axle n spring pack, cross over to opposite side on trailer as short as possible in front to back orientation. i'd always check chain tension when i stop to grab my coffee for the road. then check every time you stop. safety tie your load binders handles if they are the over the center style. like i said, that system worked well for me
as to fastening to frame, why introduce motion into your hold down system? it's highly unlikely you can tension down far enough to take out all suspension movement. yeah, i've heard the arguement, 'well i don't want the suspension working when it's on the trailer'. if that's the case, why do you drive it? hell, just a sunday drive to go get ice cream with the kids is going to hammer it harder than any trailer ride. the trailer takes the hit n the body is just a bobble head

I’m redoing a lot on some of the cruisers and I must put them on a trailer for some aspects.I will be selling a few off, nine is too many and I want to add a Dodge Viper and fastback 67 Mustang to the fleet for a change . The mustang will be a complete redo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom