Top SECRET FJ55 build for an injured friend (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, a couple of months ago, my good friend and fellow Police Officer Stevan Gerber was shot in the line of duty while trying to apprehend a parole absconder that had been convicted of murder.

Years ago, before we were cops, Stevan's brother Rick (also a good friend) and myself convinced Stevan to purchase the 1976 FJ55 below

Well, Stevan is not mechanically motivated to say the least and over time, we lost touch due to working at Police departments that are 50 miles apart. Eventually, the carbed 350 began to give him troubles and he parked it, leading to more of this.

Well, Stevan's wounds were not life threatening but they will keep him from walking for a long time and may affect his ability to get back onto the SWAT team. Hell, he has a 6 inch titanium plate in his leg.

He is down in the dumps and Rick, our friend Todd and myself decided that we were going to "steal" the FJ55 and give it a makeover. Initially, this included a tune up and some paint but with help from Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters and Wasatch Cruisers, we got far more help than deserved or expected.

The plans are as follows.

Remove carb and install TBI system - DONE

YouTube - Tbi inject v8 in 1976 LandCruiser FJ55

Also, here is a link to our paypal account that we setup for donations. There is also a link to a Deseret news article.

PAYPAL https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted

Deseret News South Jordan officer shot while trying to arrest suspect | Deseret News
Stevans55ontrailer.jpeg

Last edited:
Next up was FJ60 style power steering, this weekend we became half done with this.
Stevan'sp_s5.jpg
Stevan'sp_s3.jpg
Stevan'sp_s1.jpg

Up next, we are going to spring it over and throw some 35's on it. Tube out the rockers and quarters and get it mechanically tight, maybe even a locker in the rear.

We are doing this on our money and donations from wonderful vendors like Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters and the fine folks from Wasatch Cruisers, This will be updated as projects are completed and funds become available.

Once again, enough thank yous cannot be said to Kurt and to the Wasatch Cruisers.

Expect updates after next weekend.

Dan

You guys are awesome friends. Nice work and Good luck!

What an awesome thing you guys are doing!

How about opening a Paypal account so people can donate to help with the costs. I, as well as plenty of others around here, would probably be willing to lend a financial hand. Besides, us public servant types need to stick together, even if you can't pass the firefighter exam! :D

:cheers:

And guys like YOU, Brother, are why I left the joys of retail and ended up as an armorer for the local PD. Your project, and your motivation ROCKS!

Suggestion: Consider how bad your buddy is boogered up before you do a SOA. He's got to get IN the thing, after all. Check the 33x9.5 tire thread that got posted to the FAQ's.

Keep postin' Any 55's pics are good pics!

Post up some needs. Some of the clubs might be willing to donate. Great project!

:cool:

I admire what your doing...and pray for his recovery...

I shudder when i hear of an officer shot as my younger brother is a police officer in NYC.

Keep plugging away...I look foward to this build ...but....with a saddened heart

subscribed

As far as Paypal is concerned, we have an account set up but I want the bleesings from a Mod or Woody before I post it up.

Honestly, Kurt and Wasatch Cruisers have stepped up so much that we need to catch up using the parts we have. The only items we would need are parts for a spring over including spring pads, shoch mounts, bushings, F-250 shock towers, driveshafts, hi steer parts etc.

Body wise we really need some good useable fenders as the ones we ended up with have some great steel but also some insulating foam.

I believe this weekend we are going to get a housing prepped for Kurt so he can perform his magic and probably finalize the link from the steering column to the box.

Dan

As far as Paypal is concerned, we have an account set up but I want the bleesings from a Mod or Woody before I post it up.

Honestly, Kurt and Wasatch Cruisers have stepped up so much that we need to catch up using the parts we have. The only items we would need are parts for a spring over including spring pads, shoch mounts, bushings, F-250 shock towers, driveshafts, hi steer parts etc.

Body wise we really need some good useable fenders as the ones we ended up with have some great steel but also some insulating foam.

I believe this weekend we are going to get a housing prepped for Kurt so he can perform his magic and probably finalize the link from the steering column to the box.

Dan

I would think Woody would be all over this, he is one hell of a cool guy and ask him to make it a sticky!

Good to see there are still good people out there!

PM me a address to ship them to and I can get you the F250 shock mounts.

Tim

Dam that was fast!

Thanks to whoever made this a sticky! :clap::cheers:

What a great group we have here. Props to Slower!. As a public servant, it is nice to hear the kind words and it appears at time that the media are not. Wish I was closer, I'd gladly help turn a wrench or two.

Paypal will work in the time being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom