Top SECRET FJ55 build for an injured friend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok guys, I am going to update my original post with a paypal address for donations and a link to a news article on Stevan.

There is word that he may be walking by January.

Watching out for those who watch out for us is a wonderful thing to do! PayPal sent!

Cheers!

Paypal sent

Thanks to all that have already donated, I better get cranking.

How long have you been in Bountiful, Slower? My uncle had a men's clothing store downtown for many years before he retired and died. Used to spend part of every summer there in Bountiful when I was a kid 40-50 years ago.

Anyway, PayPal sent and good luck with the project.

Very :cool:...........props to you and to Kurt too

Right on! Great project for an incredible cause. You guys are truly good people and friends. Love reading stuff like this...

I'll be watching the build thread and hope to be able to contribute in some way. Thank you for stepping up to help others out. Oh, and thanks for posting pics of your progress!

Cheers, Carlos

Paypal sent. We can't do enough to thank him for his service. God speed!

I got an SM420 I will donate if you guys want it? If someone could help work out getting it there? Mudship?

I have some SOA parts, or we can do a CNT in a week or so for you! We have always wanted to be apart of a build like this!:popcorn:Great Job Guys

Justin

This is honestly overwhelming, we never expected this kind of response.

As far as the SM420 is concerned, the previous owner swapped in the 350 and a pretty decent 700R4.

Cruiser Outfitters stepped up day 1 and offered their services for the cut and turn, I very much appreciate the offer though.

As far as SOA parts, we need to get the housing to Kurt and then get it back to piece together what exactly we will need.

With the holidays coming I fear work may slow but we will get on it. I have told Rick to open an account here so he can talk with all of you.

He did want to say thank you to all of the donors (he controls the paypal). Stevan will have this thread and the thread on Wasatch Cruiser's when he gets his rig back so he can personally thank everyone.

To clear up some confusion (maybe its me...) Using the provided link, what is the name on the paypal donation. A womans name shows on the account?

Thanks

In regards to the Pay Pal account, it's listed under his sister-in-laws name MaryAnn Gerber. I'm Stevan's brother Rick. Sorry for the confusion!

Last edited:
I would just like to say thanks to all of you that have offered help of any kind. You guys are great. As Slowerthanu said, we were just planning on a tune-up, some P/S and a rough paint job to begin with, but as we've dug into this project it's become quite a challenge. (the Pig was in bad shape). We really appreciate all the kind offers, and will try to get a list of things we will need to complete this project. Off the top of my head a couple parts we could really use are front fenders from an FJ55. Some heim joints and tube for the drag link, unless someone has a better solution? We almost have the P/S complete, but need to figure out the lines to the gear, and whatever else we run into on the SOA. We're not asking for hand-outs, but appreciate anything you can offer to help! We will post updates as we go along, we want everyone to be able to track the progress, and have a record to show him wghen it's all done. However the holidays may slow progress down for a few weeks. Thanks again for all your help! Rick

Awesome job guys. I helped with a similar build (see link in sig line). It is amazing how the Cruiser community comes together to help out. Please post up a list of needed parts when you can. If I have anything you need its yours.

Good Times

A fellow 55 owner in SLC that would love to lend a hand if needed.I also just finished a PS conv. and have a few extra parts(ford shock towers).Pretty awesome to see soo many people willing to give their time and resources.Happy Holidays

just cleaned the garage, i also have a set of ford towers i was gonna use but since they been sitting there for a couple years i think its safe to say im not going to use them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom