Tire recommendation? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's getting to be about that time i got new tires. Any recommendations for our loving So.NV climate?

Uses: 80% road, 20% dirt, ride comfort not that important. Wife will be using it for her 3 mile daily commute. When off pavement, we mostly explore the desert, with *minor* rock action. Vehicle will be garaged when not in use.

In the crosshairs:
BFG A/Ts
GoodYear MT/Rs

I plan on going through Maximum, as they were good to me on the ARB install, unless another shop is recommended.

Thanks!

If mileage is important than the BFG is where it is at.

Other than that the MTR is a more durable tire.

sx's are evil on road. But they are a bulletproof tire.

Personaly I reccomend Discount tire. How much did Maximum charge you for a ARB???
A real tire shop can beat it. Next time find out how much the ARB is through maximum and then ask for help installing it. They are not hard at all in a cruiser/mini diff

thanks for the replies. I think it cost me $800 for both the ARB rear and compressor and my 2" OME lift. I still need to take it back for the caster correction bushings (included), and thought that might be a good time to do the tires.

We are averaging about 5-6k a year on this thing, so i think they'll die due to weather conditions aging the rubber rather than actually wearing them down.

Mace, appreciate the suggestion. I am a 1/2 banana kinda guy, so am a little intimidated about that kinda stuff. I have been putting off doing the birf job, and was also considering shops for that work.

Birf job is cake.

Hit me up and I can help ya if you give me some advance warning.

MTR's at 5-6K a year.

$800 is not a bad deal at all.

The Toyo Open Country M/T looks pretty interesting too, and are cheaper than the GY's. Clinton at Maximum said they sell quite a few those. Opinions on these for NV?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom