Tippy is back…hopefully (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ha! 2” body lift probably not necessary but I bought it like that and wasn’t planning on taking it off and fighting it. The radiator is good and in now so not really wanting to redo that. We probably going to run 35” tires and might go larger later on.

Was wanting to go 37” or 38” tires but didn’t want to regear now. It’s a really rough trail truck so plans are get it reliable and drive it and not worry about trail damage.

It may even be a 3” body lift.
I bought it like that as well with some worn slap out 38” maxxis gumbo mudders lol

I’m thinking I ran it with no shroud? Rad was off center of fan but I never had any issues with overheating. Amazed how well the 1F did on hwy with the big tires. Talk about rubber overdrive.

Was wanting to go 37” or 38” tires but didn’t want to regear now. It’s a really rough trail truck so plans are get it reliable and drive it and not worry about trail damage.
This thing is SOA isn’t it? Should be able to easily run 37’s on a low/medium slung SOA.
It might be more effort than you were originally planning, but getting rid of the body lift might help the Tippy Bitch not be so much of a Tippy Bitch. Plus the added bonus of not having to deal with Jerry-rigged radiator mounts and steering shafts and the like.

Yeah you are probably right but gonna run it and see how it does. Steering and radiator are done. Really just need to do exhaust and brakes and we can roll…hopefully not roll over🤣

What is the deal with the radiator not lining up and why is that piece of tubing there?
Is there something wrong with the mounting of the inner-fender/core-support assembly (some people call it the “doghouse”) , either on the firewall or out front on the frame? Is that upper bracket a homemade job also?
^^^ x2!!!
I was reading about those and thinking, "What in the Sam hell?!?"

@RUSH55 It’s got a 2” body lift so the radiator had to be moved down. Metal is rusty below headlight area etc and pretty sure this pig has been on its side so nothing really lines up. The only brace I noted is the 1” square tube going from the firewall to headlight/radiator support.
Ah, so in other words she has been "gently used"...

That stupid support had to come out for 1F>2F swap….. but it made for a good hood prop rod lol

IMG_4872.jpeg

Love that pic @jfz80 ! I don’t mind the support. This pig will never be a show truck just a good ole trail truck!

Impressed...didn't even pull the hood!

Yeah @scrapdaddy it is probably my favorite of what we have. The other 2 are straight plows. So sitting up high and the V plow makes it nice. Ironically it was the one I was most concerned about and it and the salt spreader worked great. Both spreaders went down on the other trucks and we had one solenoid break on the other plow. The snow is sticking around here because of the temperatures.

Jason

Yeah @scrapdaddy it is probably my favorite of what we have. The other 2 are straight plows. So sitting up high and the V plow makes it nice. Ironically it was the one I was most concerned about and it and the salt spreader worked great. Both spreaders went down on the other trucks and we had one solenoid break on the other plow. The snow is sticking around here because of the temperatures.

Jason
Sounds like your timing is great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom