Tippy is back…hopefully (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know there’s a cog wheel with a shaft in the latch mechanism that likes to wallow out the shaft bore in the housing and cause issues. There’s a couple threads out there showing how people have fixed this (usually by grafting a washer in place of the wallowed out metal housing and welding in place), but I can’t recall what they are.

Maybe start by taking some pics and posting to see if we can determine if it’s an issue with the latch or the body side striker assembly.

Here’s a couple pics of mine.
Driver side door (which always needs to be slammed to get closed) vs. rear passenger door that sees the least amount of use.

Driver door latch has the wallowed out bore and will need repaired.

1BDE03E9-7B44-42A8-BC35-BC44F10A8DDE.jpeg

54ADBD3F-F1EE-4E80-9157-0F96D7F13A8F.jpeg

Here is a picture of my latches. Strange that it is both rear doors. I’m not sure I’m seeing a wallowed out bore

557969B8-A2D8-4280-BF37-C60F2A6A0C2E.jpeg

Well, that's sure not your problem. How's the part on the body, is it all there. Usually the rear doors are fine. How are the door hinges, does the door rock up and down?

Did you try adjusting that piece, it does move somewhat. It does look like it's making good contact though.

This gear just spins on both back doors. I’m assuming the gear is supposed to catch. Maybe something is wrong with the push button mechanism on outside of the door leading inside and the mechanism is stuck? I can rotate that gear by hand with a slight catch only.
CD1408FE-2CAF-430B-8A2E-9D20D9FE0B71.jpeg

Haven’t worked on door latches yet. And I probably sealed my doom trying to make SSS. Still have a very long list to complete. Unfortunately I stupidly broke a blade off the fan and a new one won’t get here until probably next week.

I was trying to get the radiator in and things just weren’t lining up and couldn’t figure out why. So trying to wedge radiator in and line it up one of the brittle blades snapped (telling myself I needed a new one anyway!) Well after the fact I remembered this pig has a 2” body lift. So radiator is going to have to move down about 2” so the fan doesn’t hit the shroud. Try to remember if I have one in my stash somewhere.
C8380423-EEE0-474F-A17D-37E968DE9A45.jpeg

E21DE4F6-BA9B-45FC-9464-9362A62A34B4.jpeg

Here is a picture of my latches. Strange that it is both rear doors. I’m not sure I’m seeing a wallowed out bore

View attachment 3453486
Have you tried adjusting the latches? There is adjustment on the body and on the doors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom