Tippy is back…hopefully (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So long story of course. I bought this pig out of Beaufort NC about 12 years ago off of Mud here in the classifieds. I had it shipped in to Franklin TN. My now 15 year old claimed it as his ever since Tippy showed up. It’s been sitting either on side of my house or in the field. We’ve been working on it on and off over the years. We finally moved it into the barn to get it going again hopefully for SSS23 but for his 16th birthday too. I’ve still got quite a list but so far a different 2f has been put in it with new head gasket, carb has been rebuilt, got the gas tank out and cleaned and patched. Following are a few pictures of it now.
8A176782-176D-4658-BE51-99A1A0861444.png

Our list before sss23 if possible:

Big items:
Gas tank back in
Brakes, probably needs new master and rear cylinders rebuilt.
Probably needs new clutch master. I have a new slave.
Radiator, thermostat, and hoses back in.
Driveshafts
Exhaust run
Tighten all belts
Figure out the alternator wiring etc. All my wiring labels are worn off!

Before 16th birthday:

Tires. (We might be riding these slicks for sss. Ha!). We really want some 37” but just bought some black steel wheels that are 16” and looks like 35” might be the tallest we can get on those. I really want to go with stock steelies larger tires and hub caps but we will see.

Paint. We are going back with black on white. Probably monster liner because this body is rough, and thought it would be fun for him and hopefully easy to roll it on. I’m open to suggestions on this?

Long term:
Get the rear window going and back door able to open and close. Of course the rear handle is broken and I let a handle go I had in my stash.
Clean interior, some sort of head liner, sound deading material.

Very cool it’s still on the radar to fly again one day soon. 🥓 🥓 🥓

IIRC It was @junkdriver Tim Prillaman’s (sp) before I owned it. He put the 3” BL and 38” gumbo Mudders on it for east coasts pig party probably 2003 ish. Had the armor installed up at iron pig by Lance and crew. I think I bought it in 06 up around Charlottesville VA

It made it to tellico and cullowhee and OBX on the 1F. Finally spun a bearing luckily only an hour or so from home at uwharrie OHV trails.

Ole tippy earned her name at cullowhee but she never laid down on me. I’ll see what other pics I may have.

Last edited:
Thanks @jfz80 for those pictures!

Today wView attachment 3451172e cleaned up the frame around where the tank goes and rattled canned the frame and underside of the body in that area. Got the tank back in and blew out the gas lines
Need to follow in your footsteps and swap my tanks. Frankencruiser hasn’t been out of the garage since April.

Tank wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I’d read about some being terrible to get out. The worst part was the back two bolts broke. I ended up cutting the mounts a little and putting bolts back in thread side down through the original holes and welding the mount back closed. I sprayed all the vents with some lube and the hoses slid back on pretty easily. Tomorrow going to start on putting in the radiator, thermostat, and hoses back on. The radiator was cleaned, pressure tested several years back and been in storage.

I have a video of a first start almost a year ago… crazy how time flies. However, for the life of me I can’t figure out how to get it on here. Maybe I can figure it out in the next few days.

Jason

I have a video of a first start almost a year ago… crazy how time flies. However, for the life of me I can’t figure out how to get it on here. Maybe I can figure it out in the next few days.

Jason

Jason
I’m not the tech guy but others post to U tube I think, no way to host a video here…

One question I have for the group is one or 2 of the doors won’t stay closed. Something is wrong with the latch. Can anyone school me on if it can be fixed or am I looking at finding a good used latch?

Thanks
Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom