Time to cut/buff an fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My paint and body guy is finishing up the dune beige on my 78 fj40. Looks good with some light orange peal. Base clear. Trying to decide if I want to pay him to cut and buff the exterior and dash. Not too concerned about the rest. About how much time should it take to cut and buff fresh paint/clear?
Thanks in advance.

Not sure on clear, but my single stage is gunna be about 20 hours for an fj62... I'm 3 hours in...

Not sure on clear, but my single stage is gunna be about 20 hours for an fj62... I'm 3 hours in...

I’m in the process of painting my rig with single stage 2 part Polyurethane. Any tips you can share before I start the cut and buff?
Thanks

patience...and then some patience

Do you research and watch lots of Youtube videos for how-to's. From what I gathered a good cut and buff job on a normal sedan takes most PROS about 6-8hrs. This includes clay baring and what not before hand so may not completely apply to you. Just don't rush the finish and also make sure your paint job has had adequate cure time based on weather (that was something I didn't realize).

Reactions: SMG
autobody101.com

Hit the forums and there's a specific section for cutting and buffing. Tones of experts there as well.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom