This weekend? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bryanseye

Inaffective Grammer Nazi
SILVER Star
Threads
Between pit of man's fears and summit of knowledge
Website
www.upstatecruisers.com
A few options to burn fuel this weekend:

NC may be getting a good bit of snow through Friday. Anyone running up there Saturday?

Sunday morning at 10a a group from Upstate and Overland is meeting at Horsepasture to ride some of the normally gated roads before they close.

A Car and Truck meet (Cars, Coffee, and Comics) is also happening Sunday morning in Boiling Springs. Last month's had a Unimog and usual assortment of trucks and Jeeps.

What are you doing?

I was thinking of trying to run up somewhere snow falls but nothing locked in yet until forecasts start firming.
Unless they just forgot a gate last time, you can still get on the parkway. Since it is closed from normal paved routes, you get the whole thing to yourself.
1609884152280.jpeg

I plan on either camping all weekend or doing a ride Sunday. Haven't made my mind up completely. Brasstown, Clayton has snow along with 105 from people on social, but a cars and coffee would be good too.

Still being accommodating to company fleeing California tyranny, but brought them up to Highlands for a cooler feel of home while we wear our masks outside. Pretty drive and Dry Falls is still wet.
7F3F5CAF-066E-4ABA-BBB3-700D70558155.jpeg

2C7C1746-5F2C-470B-8BDB-504277BA0950.jpeg

Sprayed off the salt and may just hit the AutoWerks car meet/coffee in the morning.

Edit, DNR reopened the gates around Horsepasture since there wasn't enough of the cold, white natural resource to defend. May do that too. The other group meets there at 10.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Just a handful of people. About half way down the steps got very icy. Pretty treacherous. Not as bad as I have seen it in the past, but deceiving because you couldn’t tell the concrete was iced over. Rime ice. We enjoy going up there when it is snowed over or cold. Usually a small crowd.

Just a handful of people. About half way down the steps got very icy. Pretty treacherous. Not as bad as I have seen it in the past, but deceiving because you couldn’t tell the concrete was iced over. Rime ice. We enjoy going up there when it is snowed over or cold. Usually a small crowd.
I have been carrying a set of yaktrax in my bag during winter for years but had never used them until Saturday. I may have been the only one that didn’t take a tumble on Whiteside Trail when hunting for sledding spots.
1610376777439.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom