Builds The YotaMD Build - Cypress (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Update on suspension: I've noticed that my "thud" towards the end of long braking actions has gone away. I think the new rear bushings are the reason for that.

Installed new outer tie rod last week. Steering feels much better on center. Still as vague as you'd expect, but the slight dead response in the center is gone.

It feels really good to have almost all the small things corrected now. I'll target front UCAs at some point, but not in a rush for that. I need to complete the PPF install on the pass front door, rear doors and rear quarters, but again, no rush.

Hit 225,000 recently. Drives better than it did when I got it and I expect to continue improving over the next couple years. :)

1614458396609.png

Made me remember the Curious Case of Benjamin Button on our 100s, the older they get the better they become.

Braid wheels are on! No rub so far. 295/70/17 on 17x8 ET40 wheels.

Only shots so far are in the ADGU shop, but I'll get some more exciting photos soon enough.

Dissent ARB Jack door coming soon.

1623949661346.png

1623949596624.png

Update on suspension: I've noticed that my "thud" towards the end of long braking actions has gone away. I think the new rear bushings are the reason for that.

Installed new outer tie rod last week. Steering feels much better on center. Still as vague as you'd expect, but the slight dead response in the center is gone.

It feels really good to have almost all the small things corrected now. I'll target front UCAs at some point, but not in a rush for that. I need to complete the PPF install on the pass front door, rear doors and rear quarters, but again, no rush.

Hit 225,000 recently. Drives better than it did when I got it and I expect to continue improving over the next couple years. :)

View attachment 2598139
I had a 'thud' after breaking or stopping and beginning to accelerate. Almost felt like a shock was sticking. I greased the slip yolks and it went away. whether that was the fix or not I guess I'll never really know.

Damn fine wheels.....

Best in market for sure.
I really love them. Very high quality and built to your exact hub/lug/offset preference. I'd highly, highly recommend them. I think this 40 offset is perfect for the 100.

How do you think 295/70/17 will fit on a stock height LX on a 17x8 ET30 wheel?
I think you'll rub with ET30. I have essentially zero clearance as is. Amazingly, it hasn't rubbed in parking lots, but I'm sure if I hit the trails and tuck a front tire while turning and give it a little dynamic bump it would hit. Throw another 10mm poke into the mix and I think you're likely to rub.

On the plus side, it is easy (in theory) to just heat and re-shape the liner without touching the pinch weld. There's a solid bit of space between my liner and the sheet metal behind it. I got a heat gun ahead of time, sure that I'd need to reshape a little. Haven't opened the box because it's miraculously free of contact.

1628649864006.png

For a comparison, here's the 275/70/18 on OEM ET60 wheels

1628649935835.png

Here's a good shot of the final product of that Dissent accessory door. Love it. Locks up and keeps most the dirt/water out.

Infant dad life means the platform stores a stroller and bouncy chair on our extended trips these days...

1628655183705.png

Here's a good shot of the final product of that Dissent accessory door. Love it. Locks up and keeps most the dirt/water out.

Infant dad life means the platform stores a stroller and bouncy chair on our extended trips these days...

View attachment 2755846

Now that is a useful swing out! I don't think I have ever seen the house battery installed on a rear bumper!
Also, looks like the ARB hydraulic jack, how do you like it? Have you used it in the field yet?

Now that is a useful swing out! I don't think I have ever seen the house battery installed on a rear bumper!
Also, looks like the ARB hydraulic jack, how do you like it? Have you used it in the field yet?

Yeah, I like the battery outside the cabin. It's hard to fit a proper battery box with exterior ventilation and all that. Better to just throw it outside!

The ARB Jack has not been used. Might not be for a while. Got a 6 month old in the house and might only get a few super tame trail days in this fall. Hoping for more action next season!

View attachment 2755846
Yo! As a first time soon to be dad with a fully kitted out 2 seater lx470 that rear bumper storage box from dissent is amazing!
I’ll have to look into that to get at least a 40% seat back in the Lexus!

Yo! As a first time soon to be dad with a fully kitted out 2 seater lx470 that rear bumper storage box from dissent is amazing!
I’ll have to look into that to get at least a 40% seat back in the Lexus!
It's really nice. If you've got a Dissent rear bumper, I would really recommend it. I love that it locks and hides everything cleanly.

Congrats on the upcoming kiddo and good luck! A full night's sleep will soon be a foreign concept. :D

You’ve got me regretting not going with 295’s from the get!
Since I’m on RW’s with 1/4” spacers my effective offset is +44, I assumed 295’s would fit but the confirmation on your rig is great. I think a lot of people fail to see that more offset doesn’t mean more clearance where you need it. There’s actually a ton of room inside the fender, the offset just needs to be right in order to take advantage of it.
How do they drive compared to the 275’s on stock 18’s you were previously running? Are those Braid wheels fairly light?

You’ve got me regretting not going with 295’s from the get!
Since I’m on RW’s with 1/4” spacers my effective offset is +44, I assumed 295’s would fit but the confirmation on your rig is great. I think a lot of people fail to see that more offset doesn’t mean more clearance where you need it. There’s actually a ton of room inside the fender, the offset just needs to be right in order to take advantage of it.
How do they drive compared to the 275’s on stock 18’s you were previously running? Are those Braid wheels fairly light?
Thanks! I love the fitment. It's exactly what I wanted. Maybe a hair more poke than intended, but that's a minor complaint and mainly due to the shape/bulge of the ridge grappler sidewall.

I've got enough trail time now that I think I can safely say it fits 100% no rub.

It drives better for me. Softer, quieter. And off-road oh man. 15 psi on those was a smooth as can be. I love it.

I was concerned about road noise and so far they are quieter than my ko2 were. Granted that comparison is 35k old ko2 vs 5k old ridge grapplers so we'll see how goes in 3 years.

The wheels are not light. I think 30 lbs each. Definitely made for strength and not light weight. The wheel tire combo is something absurd like 95 lbs.

The wheels are not light. I think 30 lbs each. Definitely made for strength and not light weight. The wheel tire combo is something absurd like 95 lbs.

Whoa! Since I’m a weight weenie I’m looking at the Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT. Should be about 80lbs per corner with my ring-less RW’s. Those 295’s fill up your fenders so well, especially with the AHC all the way down.

Whoa! Since I’m a weight weenie I’m looking at the Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT. Should be about 80lbs per corner with my ring-less RW’s. Those 295’s fill up your fenders so well, especially with the AHC all the way down.
I'm all about the weight... in my other car. I think you'd struggle to notice 80 vs 95 per corner in a 100. I say get what you want, regardless of weight. It's a bus with oem wheels/tires so you have little to lose.

I do love how the tires fill out that well in low. Essentially tucked. I think the view in low is more impressive than a lift, haha.

Reactions: GTV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom