Builds The Warthog - 1977/73 combo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

See this compartment? Nothing looks out of place like it would with a swap.

IMG_4771.JPG
IMG_4882.JPG
IMG_4889.JPG
IMG_4890.JPG
IMG_4891.JPG

So backing up with the story.

Added new plug wires and dug out the dobber and wasp nests.

Added Marvel and Sea Foam to the plugs and carb and let that sit 24 hours.

Shot either and bam. 10 years later it runs.

***-yeah.jpg

that IS a 77 firewall, as opposed to a 73, the heater blower and cut-out give it away...wow...might be a roof graft...moot point, really, as the most important part is the doors WILL work afterall...

What's your plan for this combo? get it running and sell or use as a beater, etc.

whoa, R! I'm not used to hearin you talk like that...

Well, I just didn't think it was up for a full restomod. Beater is a pretty harsh word I guess. :)

:hillbilly:

Plans.....farm beater. Just wanted to combine these two and make one. I'm stoked about having a Pig again. I think I can make it whole. Rusty POS whole but whole.

I drug the 73 parts Pig to my shop and dug in.

IMG_4885.JPG
IMG_4892.JPG
IMG_4893.JPG
IMG_4894.JPG

IMG_4899.JPG
I never imagined I would intentionally bolt piece of s*** fenders like this to a vehicle but it sure beats none. The last owner spot welded the upper fenders to the inner fenders so I had to grind them off.

Of course there were 2 bolts per side that kicked my ass and stretched the job at least an hour.

IMG_4896.JPG

IMG_4897.JPG

IMG_4898.JPG

IMG_4900.JPG

Last edited:
The doors from the donor are solid. The rears are fully functional but the fronts needs guts.

I have the side glass and the windshield covered with the parts Pig. Who sells the rubber?

IMG_4901.JPG

IMG_4902.JPG

IMG_4903.JPG

IMG_4906.JPG

So I guess we can expect you at the Pig Fest this June?

Rust Converter Aerosol

This stuff is GOLD!

Used it for my 1968 Patina project. Really awesome product.

This time I'm not just going to use it on the underside and frame. It's all going to get a coat then a cheapo paint job over it in the end.

Treated rust turns black and its dead. I used to use POR 15 and this is way way easier.

IMG_4951.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom