The Vinton County Roundup-8/26-8/28 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lowIQ said:
I was there thursday from 5.00pm untill 10:30 am this morning (friday)
there is no one there. And Im pissed off. I took a day off work and drove 3 and a half hours to get there.
Now Im home. So Im out $150 for work $80 for gas $30 for food and $15 for camping .
and for what To ride with the B.B.S Buckeye Bull s***ters.
Kenny,
Are you talking about the trailride this weekend in Vinton County? :confused:

The official date was 8/26 (friday evening) thru 8/28 (sunday). :doh:

See y'all tomorrow :D

yes I talking about this weekend and it say fri day morning at 9 am drivers meeting

The event will start Friday, August 26th with the 9 am drivers meeting and run thru Sunday, August 28th, 2005 Saturday Night will be the raffle, group cookout at the main Pavilion and the Midnight Run.

quick saturday trail report

OK, so I was there saturday. What happened to everybody else?

I rode w/ Thom Placier in his pleasantly modified FJ40 and we followed Kevin in his blue SAS minitruck. With only two trucks on the trails we made quick work of Beard Cemetery and Stone quarry. Things were made more interesting by a fairly serious rainstorm as we were transiting from parking lot to trailhead. So much for dry and serious traction. It was slick red snot on most of the trail. At least it wasn't pouring down rain on the trail.

We came across a group of ~8 willys jeeps on stone quarry. They were pretty funny w/ the flat suspension and tiny tires. :)
At the end of quarry we caught up with a built 4Runner and chevy S10/fullsize hybrid. We hit pavement by 3pm and I was home around 5PM.

Sorry, no photos, I left the expensive digicam at home since the weather was threatening. Next time i'll remember to get a throwaway and have a disc made when it's developed.

Thanks to Kevin for showing Thom & I the location of Beard and the connector to Quarry.

Thanks to Thom for the local railroad history lesson, the use of a passenger seat and the complimentary apple pie. :cheers:

Next month I will have a trailworthy truck. No, really, I will. Y'all stop laughing or I'll cry... :princess:

You were DRIVING a trailworthy truck!

At least compared to the flatties that we saw! Your stock FJ60 would have been the Top Dog on that run, with the possible exception of the one with the V-6. (I've heard that chicks dig body damage, but it hasn't worked for me.)

It was a great time and I also appreciate Kevin leading the way and dragging me when necessary. If we had gone on Thursday, I'm sure it would have been much easier on Kevin's strap! The rain really made it challenging.

When are you guys going to come to Slade so the Bluegrass Crew can show you some Kentucky rocks and mud? Camping at Natural Bridge State Park is less than 2 miles from the trailhead. We'll be down there in late September, as our next meeting will be on the trail September 25.

Or join a bunch of Cruisers at Windrock in Tennessee in October. Several clubs will be in attendance and you can camp or stay at a cushy motel and eat steak in Oak Ridge just a few miles away from the trail. October 21-23 are the dates.

I'm already looking forward to wheeling with you guys again. Keep me posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom