Tensioner pulley (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I hope this is not redundant , but does anyone know the part # for the pulley off of the 2008 base 4.0 Toyota FJ Cruiser tensioner? Not the tensioner with the pulley, just the pulley. I do not want to replace the tensioner which is good, just the pulley. My Toyota dealer put me off when I asked and said it’s sold as a complete unit.
I’ve heard of it being done and saw it on eBay advertised for my 2008. But when I messaged him and asked a question , he said contact toyota. I’m sure some one on this site has replaced it . Difference of taking a lot of time to replace the tensioner assembly, or just minutes replacing the pulley. Below is a picture that I think is the one. But it’s showing two pulleys . That’s the eBay seller I asked and he said contact toyota?
Thanks in advance for a part # for pulley.

06F9C744-032E-468D-A2AE-B5C6D8DFED04.png

According to what I see, its the same as the No.1 idler

idler-jpg.1014602

I hope this is not redundant , but does anyone know the part # for the pulley off of the 2008 base 4.0 Toyota FJ Cruiser tensioner? Not the tensioner with the pulley, just the pulley. I do not want to replace the tensioner which is good, just the pulley. My Toyota dealer put me off when I asked and said it’s sold as a complete unit.
I’ve heard of it being done and saw it on eBay advertised for my 2008. But when I messaged him and asked a question , he said contact toyota. I’m sure some one on this site has replaced it . Difference of taking a lot of time to replace the tensioner assembly, or just minutes replacing the pulley. Below is a picture that I think is the one. But it’s showing two pulleys . That’s the eBay seller I asked and he said contact toyota?
Thanks in advance for a part # for pulley.

View attachment 2842986
This is the one I saw on eBay but the seller could not confirm fitment . Told me to check my vin# at Toyota who told me I can’t buy the pulley separately. So I came to the experts here.
I got my answer from this site with the pictures of the belt , tensioner, and pulleys, that had the #s . Grate help and thanks to all.

I got that off an older post on the FJC forums, so your mileage may vary but I think its correct. I have taken all mine off before and I remember besides the dual bearings they typically seem about the same. Worst case you can repack what you have as the little dust shields on the bearing pop off (carefully). May be worth doing and keeping the old if they are salvageable.

hmm.. i thought it only came as an assembly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom