tech day continued... continued... Sat 11/18 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

H2o

Threads
We will be wrapping up the tech day Sat. I checked the weather. it will be chillier but no rain so far.... (famous last words)

I put an order in for a few missing (critical) parts and will confirm once i get those. they should be here thursday.

So far, we have the knuckles on with preload and ended the day with not being able to put on the spindle bolts for lack of backer plate or spacer.

I will keep you posted.

S.

Will be renching this Sat. to wrap up. anyone welcome to stop by.

i got all the parts needed.

Dan, how many spacers do you need per side?

S.

You should have received two rings. One per side.

Did you get extra wheel bearing grease, 2 more tubs should do it?

What all parts did you receive?

Only to the rotors. I set the wheel bearing torques to mini truck values: 18 ft/lb inner nut, 33 ft/lb outer lock nut. Spent way too much time chasing/cleaning all the spindle threads and installing the spindle studs from tg (one's gonna need helicoil). The rings were so ineptly formed, that I wasted even more time grinding them out to fit over the spindle base (about 1/32-1/16"). As of when I left there was still locking hubs, brakes, and steering left.

I might have that helicoil - let me know what size you need. A long time ago I had the same problem and bought a helicoil kit for that size - I might still have some of that size left but I'll have to look.

-Stumbaugh

Sebastien's spindle bolt size is 10x1.25. Depth is a bit over 3/4" maybe more. Didn't measure depth. He's H2o here. You might want to pm him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom