Taco tab question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Y’all,

Taco Tabs got here yesterday. Since I’m replacing my front LCA this weekend, I figure I’ll install these, too.

The instructions are straightforward, but where I’m unclear is the alignment.

Taking the truck Tuesday for an alignment - do I bring the extra tabs with me to the alignment shop in case they need to change caster / camber?

Do I need to find a shop that specializes in 4wd trucks for this?

I use a nice shop that typically focuses on high end sports cars, but they have done phenomenal jobs on my alignment in the past.

I would put in the tabs at the neutral setting when you replace your LCA's, then torque everything to spec (also put a liberal coating of anti-seize on everything). Then bring the rest of the tabs to the alignment shop so then can select the proper combination of tabs to get your alignment right.

Definitely use more of a specialty shop for this - if you use one that normally works on sports cars and other modified vehicles they should be able to figure out the taco tabs. I wouldn't take it to a garden-variety tire/oil change place, as they've probably never seen taco tabs before and probably don't work on modified vehicles very often.

I would put in the tabs at the neutral setting when you replace your LCA's, then torque everything to spec (also put a liberal coating of anti-seize on everything). Then bring the rest of the tabs to the alignment shop so then can select the proper combination of tabs to get your alignment right.

Definitely use more of a specialty shop for this - if you use one that normally works on sports cars and other modified vehicles they should be able to figure out the taco tabs. I wouldn't take it to a garden-variety tire/oil change place, as they've probably never seen taco tabs before and probably don't work on modified vehicles very often.

Thanks man. This is great advice. I called the place I usually go and mentioned taco tabs, and the guy said the same thing as you. He also said to budget a little more time for the alignment since they’ll probably end switching out tabs, but that they’ve done this type of alignment for a number of 4x4s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom