TAC Social Media - Facebook (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Facebook is nothing new to a lot of us and is a way for us to share information outside of Mud. For years, there's been a Facebook page called Tornado Alley Cruisers, where you can find information about events, going-ons, etc. It's been relatively dormant over the years as most people utilize Mud for this information and/or we've communicated things via email/text. Well, it seems as if there's quite a bit of activity on Facebook in different groups, totally unrelated to anything TAC. If you're a Facebook user, you've probably noticed this with the groups you're in.

Let me pause for a moment and explain what the difference is between a "page" and a "group" and why it matters in this instance. A "page" is what we've traditionally had throughout the years. This is much more "company" focused or cause driven (i.e. if you were to follow "Toyota Motor Corp"). It's a platform for the organization to share information with their followers and, I think, is the legacy way that Facebook has provided a voice for these types of users while the followers are somewhat subdued. More recently "groups" have become increasingly popular on Facebook and change the voice and optics for the end user - us as a member. The emphasis here is that it gives the participants in the group the ability to chat, share ideas/pictures, and seek input from the others in the group. In other words, it's a bit more conversational. A great example of this is the Toyota Land Cruiser Association group. A lot of people use Mud and the group pretty interchangeably.

Recently, we started a Tornado Alley Cruisers group as another way for TAC members to get and receive information as well as share ideas. Mud isn't going away as an avenue for people, and neither is the Facebook page; however, the group provides some distinct benefits.

At least at the start, we'll be doing our best to keep Mud, the group, and the page updated with some cross posting because we all have our preferences in what we check, when we check it, and how we interact socially. The things primarily updated on these three forms of Media will be any club news, wheeling events, and club get togethers. You may find more or less information on one avenue versus another and it may seem a bit clunky at first but the necessary information should be available regardless of where you're looking.

So, if you're not already a member of the Tornado Alley Cruisers page and/or group, please go and join to stay up with the latest events. Feel free to post your weekend project, wheeling pics, ask a question or just generally interact.

Thanks,
Jack

p.s. At the end of the day, I don't want to inundate anybody with too much information but I do want to provide for a good end experience for our members to receive information so if you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom