succumbing to the northwoods siren song (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
as the title says, the seductive mistress has whispered my name too long. kirvesmies cannot ignore her temptress voice any longer. yup, i'm heading into parry sound area friday after work. planning on exploring some trails i've not run that on my maps look interesting. yes, very short notice, but if you're interested in joining, pm me your number n i'll return mine. shooting to be in parry sound around 9:30pm friday. have a good long week end no matter where you end up

Just came from that area with the Ontario cruisers group.

We started at ardbeg for the weekend and did part of the south trail.

We were with an fj40, and fj cruiser, and gx and an lx470.
Great fun.

Where exactly are you planning to go?

20220513_180519.jpg

if my bearings are correct, n i believe they are, about 8' to the left in your pic there is an aprox 18" square step of rock maybe 12' long. my tarp shelter has been set up on that flat numerous times. @VonclicasLX , to answer your query, i'll be exploring some trails i found on an old topo map of that area. they lay between the hydro line n hwy 69 to the west. you're welcome to join me

Nice.

That rock is a pretty nice place to setup camp.
If I had no appointments I would join you for sure.

Last year I did a solo run thru that area. There is some sort of loop on the east side of the hwy but it becomes quite narrow since no one has been going around the area and trees hero grew into the trail.
I had to trim one of them to be able to pass and sustained some damage on the bumper.

Screenshot_20220518-210831_Maps.jpg

well, the northwoods turned into a valkyrie on the weekend. battles hard fought n failed, back broken but not beaten down. splinted it's spine n sent it staggering southwest towards home. not yet valhalla, not yet. that busted up old warrior is not joining you till I say it is😤
got to black lake in the midst of an epic⛈️⛈️ thunder storm⛈️⛈️ late friday night, yup, thor was some p!$$ed. slept in the truck as i wasn't setting up camp in that rain. saturday morning, it was still raining so off into the trails i head. this was about 7 am. the old beast was running as stoic as ever. around 9, the smell of gas said "hey @$$hole, you might have a problem" . i get the truck to a flat clean rock area, take a look ,"well, no $h!t gas is leaking" the passenger side rear spring mount was ripped out of the frame and had started raping the fuel tank. f%$k it, where i'm planning on camping is only 3 kilometers north, drive it. even driving elegant, some parts of that trail will hammer your $h!t. nice, the rain had stopped by the time i got to camp site. well lets take a good look at the carnage, bonus,the tank wasn't opened up any more. just the seam compromised. about 10 seconds between drips. that i can live with. the axle had swung back far enough to lay the shackle flat to frame. f&#k it, that looks like a sunday morning problem, i'm here to camp so camp i will.
sunday morning rolls around, with rain. break camp betwix rain drops then get to cobble f@%kery. how did i fobble cuck it you ask. pick up the @$$ end, 2ton come along hooked to front body mount, cable back to, around rear axle n back to said mount. drag the axle ahead to get the spring mount to sorta clip into the sorta notched frame. take a dozen or so feet of mechanics wire n endeavor to kinda safety wire $h!t in place. the fuel leak?, yeah, don't fill over half n you ain't got a leak. perfect, works for me. 200 hundred miles later, that tired warrior was in home port, under own power😤😤😤

Damn, doing all that alone.. What a feat.

One of our members Also had to bail out last weekend due to an infection issue on his fj cruiser.

I myself was being gentle on the truck due to a possible failed bushings and overheating when running the ac. Have to run the truck with the hood unlatched, only holding on the hook.

Fun times

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom