Steering Wheel Misaligned/Crooked Following Trail Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did Broken Arrow in Sedona this past week and immediately upon leaving the rough stuff noticed my steering wheel was off by about 15 degrees to the left.

Jumped right into a YouTube DIY about straightening steering wheel following poor alignment job, not realizing that the misalignment might have nothing to do with the tie rods. I did adjust the tie rods to no avail. Did a full turn on both tie rods and the steering wheel is in the same exact position. Before I go making things potentially even worse, any ideas on what may have happened?

I did try searching but most info is in regards to having to straighten after a poor shop alignment.

did I toast my steering rack? maybe it just jumped some teeth? I have moderate mechanical skills with limited tools... perhaps it’s time to take it into the shop?

is this a common thing with 120’s?

I wasn’t hammering my vehicle on the trail, but there are a lot of big rocks, ledges, etc so maybe I just made the wrong move at the right time?

thanks all!

Last year my steering wheel was off by like 20 degrees after an outing. I was due for a wheel alignment and the shop America’s Tire fixed it. I didn’t ask questions and they didn’t ask questions, it was a don’t ask don’t tell moment.

Last year my steering wheel was off by like 20 degrees after an outing. I was due for a wheel alignment and the shop America’s Tire fixed it. I didn’t ask questions and they didn’t ask questions, it was a don’t ask don’t tell moment.

Yeah... might be time to bite the bullet and take it in... can anyone recommend a good mechanic in Northeast Los Angeles?

the quality of service everywhere I’ve taken my vehicles to recently seems to be awful and getting worse...

The cam tab on the chassis are known to be weak. If the tech did not torque the bolt properly it would move.
There are products to fix this problem. The cam tab are even a problem for people doing alignment.

Yeah... might be time to bite the bullet and take it in... can anyone recommend a good mechanic in Northeast Los Angeles?

the quality of service everywhere I’ve taken my vehicles to recently seems to be awful and getting worse...
Tire Central in San Gabriel or RPM Garage in Monrovia. They can take align it for you. For mechanic I take it to Miyaki Motorsports in El Monte.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom