Stay away from Greg Orr Toyota in Hot Springs AR (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My FJ Cruiser started cutting out on me. I barely made it down the Mountain and to Gregg Orr Toyota. When they looked at it my wheel was tilting out 5 inches. They looked at it and said my Rocker Arm had come undone and the FJ was shutting off because of that. Being it was Friday evening and I had towed a Casita Trailer from Dallas and had to be back to work Monday I was in a bind. They called me later that day to say the repair would be $2,600 but as much as I know about repair I gave the OK. I had to have the FJ back by 1:00 Saturday as the Service Department closed. They called in the morning and said the vehicle was ready to go. I rushed over just in time to pick it up and pay. When I got back to my Casita and went over the bill in detail the actual repair for the rocker arm and alignment was $557.60. Then the rest of the bill for oil change, front and rear differential fluid change, complete fuel system service including Decarbon service, what ever that is, PCV replacement, replaced all the belts and the list goes on and on. All I can say is I trust my Toyota Dealer in Dallas but the this dealer lives by a different set of morals.

Rocker Arm or Upper Control Arm?

I can't believe they just added on all that fluff work without telling you they were doing it.

I can't believe they just added on all that fluff work without telling you they were doing it.

No, in fact Kyann from Gregg Orr Toyota sent me a text message today asking as she said "I hope the was to my complete satisfaction and my advisor went over your multi point inspection with you. No the billing clerk said initial here, here, here and here or you will not get your FJ repaired. My advisor was no where to be seen and never explained the bill. Toyota Service does these kind of things? My recommendation to is to not use Toyota Service. I am 65 years old and don't move like like I used to and probably should have asked more questions but I trusted Toyota. Not any more.

No the Service advisor Kore never mentioned anything about any other service recommendations he only talked about repairing the upper control arm and doing an alignment.

I dropped my FJ of and later that Friday the Service Advisor called and said the Control arm repair and alignment would be $2,600 and I gave the verbal OK to repair over the phone. When they did the work they found the bill only totaled $500, so they kept adding charges to get to $2,600. When I went to pick it up they had already done the additional work without my approval then when I showed up to pick up my FJ I was sent me to the billing clerk and she said to initial to release my FJ. Shouldn't they get approval before doing $2,100 of additional work before doing it? He just saw someone from out of town to take advantage of.

I'm not certain that this was a "scam" as much as it was a miscommunication between you and the said dealer from the way the article reads.

I'm not certain that this was a "scam" as much as it was a miscommunication between you and the said dealer from the way the article reads.
When we dropped it off on Friday he called later to say my control arm was broken and an estimate was $2,600. He was on speaker with my wife there. I gave the verbal OK. I never signed anything but went in the next day to pick it up. My wife was with me the whole time and heard everything. He knew we were senior citizen who had to get our trailer back to Dallas and were at witts end. The only other repair he mentioned was that he had to do a front end alignment. When I went to pick it up they sent me to the billing clerk and she said to initial here here and here to pick up my FJ and it was a standard release. He never once mentioned any recommendations or other work required or work done. I think what he did when he saw the repairs were only going to be $500-600 they kept doing work to get to the $2,600. In my book that is a scam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom