Starting a knuckle rebuild on my LX450 tonight if anyone wants to join | 05-08-2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello fellow NE Clubhousers,

I live in central Lincoln and will be starting a rebuild of my LX450 knuckles tonight after 3:30pm. My drivers side inner axle shaft seal is leaking very badly so I ordered a knuckle/axel/bearing rebuild kit from Marlin Crawler.

I've never done a knuckle rebuild before so I'm looking for all the help and experience I can get! I'll be this guide to rebuild mine --> following Front Axle Rebuild - For FAQ

Feel free to hit me up if you're looking for something to do tonight.

My name is Chase.

How did the rebuild go? Smooth as you hoped? I'll probably be doing it this next winter.

I finished one half of it this weekend, the bad half, and let me tell you... it was a lot of reallllyyy messy work haha. It wouldn't have been so difficult or time consuming if I hadn't decided to replace the knuckle bearings. You'll definitely want a bearing-race puller/seater tool, and a seal puller as well for the hub itself. The worst part was probably just the sheer messiness of it.

I'm planning to do the passenger side here in a few weeks, it's currently not leaking or anything so I don't have any "need" to replace the inner axle shaft seal or wipers, but if I'm already in there to rebuild the knuckles, I might as well do all of it at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom