Solutions for FJ62 Heater hoses (discontinued from Toyota) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been plagued by coolant leaks recently. Replaced the radiator hoses with new Toyota hoses a few months ago, which solved my immediate problems at the time. That was 6 new hoses, with easy to find Toyota part numbers. :cool:Yay!

But other hoses are leaking now... and I want to refresh everything. Looks like 15-20 little hose sections all together including front/rear heater hoses and oil cooler. I'm looking at various online diagrams for FJ62 heater hoses, and it looks like much of what I need is discontinued from Toyota.

I found a great thread in the stickys that has both Gates and Toyota part numbers for FJ60s coolant hoses, but haven't found that level of detail for a 62. Could anyone point me toward some help finding the hoses I need?

Gates has some of them. You can search their website for your vehicle, but I extracted the pages containing the FJ62 from their Vintage Passenger Car and Light Truck Catalog.

From my experience with the FJ60 they didn't include any hoses related to the oil cooler, but (on the FJ60) most of those can be substituted with straight hose.

Attachments

• Gates Heater Hoses for FJ62.pdf
    69.2 KB · Views: 39
What are you guys doing for the hard lines? My rear heater was disconnected by a previous owner and the original lines are crusty. I've been having intermittent heating issues and other coolant related issues. I already have a new radiator, thermostat, and coolant hoses, I was planning to reconnect the rear heater and give the whole system a few flushes while I'm at it.

I'm currently building new hard lines for my swap (tranny cooler, fuel) and have been really happy with Earls Easy Form
Thanks. What size are you using? I probably couldn't get an accurate measurement off my existing lines because of the amount of rust build-up.

Here’s a look at the heater hoses in use.

Also, looks like the hard lines are ~0.565” OD so you’ll need something around 1/2”. Summit has copper/nickel tubing options as well.

7744C963-6D14-492F-A1EF-FD6F11B69577.jpeg

Gates has some of them. You can search their website for your vehicle, but I extracted the pages containing the FJ62 from their Vintage Passenger Car and Light Truck Catalog.

From my experience with the FJ60 they didn't include any hoses related to the oil cooler, but (on the FJ60) most of those can be substituted with straight hose.
Thank you! I need to start a spreadsheet, and see if I can parse Gates' nomenclature and get a master list of all the hoses I replace in this project.

Thanks @Jdog, there's some helpful content on that thread for sure. Did you ever find a part# for the one circled here?

Hey folks. This is my 62 heater line. Gates 18453 will be perfect for the ones going into bottom of rear heater and I found that I can get both intermediate bends out of a single Gates 19038 as they’re both just a little different.

Does anyone know PN or replacement options for the hose circled? It’s the top one up against fire wall. TIA!!

View attachment 3061304

@NearJetties Did you ever find the hose circled in your photo? FYI Spector Off Road has the only diagram I've yet found that matches my truck's the hose/pipe arrangement. And, they appear to be selling this hose. They don't list Toyota part#'s though.

this is for an fj60, right? Looking for a similar list for a 62... have looked at a lot of threads but not finding consistent/clear info.

Look for the under car heater hoses and the ones highlighted in green. Firewall hoses would be a nice bonus. Toyota ideally if available.

The ones in green I haven’t found in any part number diagrams...really banging my head against the wall lol.
View attachment 2252464

FJ62 Heater piping.gif

@NearJetties Did you ever find the hose circled in your photo? FYI Spector Off Road has the only diagram I've yet found that matches my truck's the hose/pipe arrangement. And, they appear to be selling this hose. They don't list Toyota part#'s though.

View attachment 3268410

I ended up using Gates green strip hose in that spot

Here is a pic I saved from someone who replaced all his hoses that were NLA with gates. it has helped a lot.

6E52FF18-F7D1-4A30-AEC8-C1D29743A242.jpeg

Ok, since there are a few nice threads with complete rubber hose info for 60s, but not for a 62, I want to document everything the best I can. The diagrams below for radiator hoses and oil cooler hoses are straightforward, but for the heater and aux. heater hoses, many of the online parts diagrams show a different arrangement than what's in my truck. Every actual picture I've seen of a 62 looks just like my truck. The only heater diagrams I've found that match my truck are on Spector Off-Road's website. That's great, but they don't list toyota part numbers, and while they have most of these hoses, some of them are used... I don't want used rubber hoses.

As of today, I have on order new replacements for every hose shown in the following diagrams. Most are available new from Toyota, although the rear heater run is discontinued. The Gates catalog page shared by @2mbb shows promise for covering that section. I'll report back when everything gets here. Once I can confirm that the stuff I ordered works, I'll share part numbers. There are a few question marks on my list, so I don't want spread disinformation if they prove to not work!

FJ62 Radiator water outlet.png

FJ62 Oil Cooler.png

FJ62 Heater piping.gif

FJ62 Rear Heater.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom