SAS Solid Axle Summit 2017 Official Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll be on both CB and ham once I fix my CB. I haven't used it in a long time since I switched to ham.

Cool. I'll keep both in but I am looking forward to testing out ham with a few others.

FJ Summit is a great event, I have been to three myself. Our idea is to provide an opportunity to wheel and hang out with similar solid axle vintage Toyota owners. This is the first of many to come hopefully.
Cant make your decision for you but I can guarantee SAS will be extremely laid back.
So now I am in a rut. FJ summit is in July, this is August. Not sure I can make both in that span, any recommendations?

FJ Summit is a great event, I have been to three myself. Our idea is to provide an opportunity to wheel and hang out with similar solid axle vintage Toyota owners. This is the first of many to come hopefully.
Cant make your decision for you but I can guarantee SAS will be extremely laid back.

I think the plan is to see how the truck is to Ouray, then if its smooth and no real issues, I will be back in Aug. I have buddies meeting me for FJ Summit which is the only reason I'm tied to it.

If you have never been to FJ Summit you are in for treat. Beautiful country and great people.

John McVicker
Better than 50-50 right now
'85 fj60
XL
Campsite TBD but prob 4J's sleeping in back of rig
Booze: something from local brewery
Coming from Big Pine, Ca. (Eastern Sierra)
Looking for someone to caravan with

John McVicker
Better than 50-50 right now
'85 fj60
XL
Campsite TBD but prob 4J's sleeping in back of rig
Booze: something from local brewery
Looking for someone to caravan with
@trout bum would probably worship you if you brought some epic or 395 IPA from mammoth brewing co since you are in that neck of the woods...

Looking for someone to caravan with[/QUOTE]

@2mountainfish is just down in Lone Pine. You guys should convoy over Westgard Pass then east from there.

Yep, good thought. Talking with him now to see if he can make it. Also checking with Sheepdawg who lives in Crowley Lake.

Right on man. California is coming together for this.

Man I would love to do a solid axle group run, but Ouray just has too easy of trails. I mean they are beautiful and all, but not difficult. A lot of them can be done in a Rav4. There is a video on YouTube of a Forester doing black bear pass.:meh:
I have seen a Ford Flex, Harley motorcycle and an 80 era Buick on Cinnamon Pass. It's all about the scenery. The Harley didn't do to well as he dropped it on its side at least a dozen times. The Ford Flex got to a point where he was wondering how he got in the situation he was in. The old beater Buick bounced his way all the way to the top.

Yessir, it's about getting like minded Mudheads together from all parts in a beautiful place.
If you need to spice things up you could pull four lugnuts from each wheel.
Personally I prefer to enjoy my Cruisers with my friends and family, not tearing them up on a difficult trail. To each their own.

OK no problem. Not trying to be a jerk. But you guys are coming a long way. Just wanted you to know what your getting into. If I don't have to put it in 4 wheel drive, I bring my daily driver. It has air conditioning, gets better mileage, and I don't have to breath dust all day on the dirt roads. If I took my cruiser over state lines to go 4wheeling only to find out its dirt roads I would be pissed. That's why I mentioned it. The scenery is very nice out there though, as it is in most of the mountainous areas of Colorado.

Understand brother, no issue at all.
This is more about the journey and the destination. Folks driving cool, vintage, highly sought after offroad vehicles cross country to unplug from everyday life. Enjoy a story and a cold brew around the campfire with people you had never met in person.
A chance to roll the windows down, feel the breeze and smell the road.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Ferris Bueller

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom