Smog woes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok so the freaking smog tech busted me on my modified EGR system. He failed me, and now its in the computer so my buddy couldn't overlook it.

I need to get my hands on a EGR modulator, the bracket and hoses involved. I might also need a VSV (but damn I sure hope not!)

Anybody got any good parts laying around?

How did you modify your egr?

I removed the EGR modulator and plugged a couple lines.

On 2nd thought I think the VSV is bad, which was keeping the EGR modulator from working.

I have no time really to dick with it, i think its time to just put it up on craigslist and let it be somebody elses problem.

did you try this test yet?

dont sell her.

you should be able to find a vsv from another yota and throw it on there.

if not how much you gonna sell her for?

$3k is my target. Its gonna be hard to get with no tags, and a passenger side window that doesnt roll down. Oh, and a little body damage on the drivers fender/door.

Everytime I think about selling it, i think about how much it would cost to replace it.... and im better off just keeping it. Nobody will ever give me what I want for it anyways.

I just have no time to mess with it. And I paid $$ to register it 2 years ago, and since then I have probably driven it 5-6 times. Now, i have to pay out another $200+ parts to smog and register it again... for what? So it can just sit another 2 years?

BAH. f'n sick of California. Maybe I will register it in Nevada.

BAH. f'n sick of California. Maybe I will register it in Nevada.

Now that is the right kind of thinking! I'm dreading December, i'll have to smog mine again. I'm fairly sure the cat is empty now, LOL.

Since mine is a 91, i hope the rigs are close enough for this to help.

On the top, the single port goes to the EGR
The 2 ports drop down, and plug into the corresponding metal tubes
The bottom larger port goes onto a port that comes out of the EGR tube.
20140511_062223.jpg
20140511_062242.jpg

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to say Hi, looks like this will be my new "clubhouse" :) Moved down to Lincoln about a month ago from Eugene, OR. Back in the day I was in SoCal running with SoCal80's guys.

Came across this thread and it makes me sick... My rig is sitting at a buddy's place still up on OR till I figure out how to get here down here and into CA legally. Need to swap some new Cats into her for sure. With the weather getting hot I'm really wanting to get into the trails and start to explore our new home area.

Anyways hope to be out and rolling around here in the next month or so in my 80, might have OR tags on her...

Cheers,

-Matt

did you get new cats already?
cant have that 80 staying up in OR!
Hey guys,

Just wanted to see if there is room to toss my name on the list. I hope to have my 80 down here by then and I'd like to get out with the family, explore and meet some of the local Muder's.

Thanks,

Matt

Ummmm ya... Ya that's right, totally. Yup take a look, it will pass a visual inspection ;)

-A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom