Small rust spots and clear coat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rfj62

SILVER Star
Threads
I am looking to mitigate the 2 small rust spots on my Cruiser before they get worse. I sanded them down to bare metal but I do have some pitting, mostly by the rear wiper hole. What is the best way to make sure I get all of the rust out of the little pits? I thought I could use something like Rust Bullet to make sure, if there is any remaining rust, it will not make a come back. But I would like to put some filler in there to smooth it out before I do some touch up paint, so I'm not sure the Rust Bullet approach would work. Is there an acid or something that I can use to kill all the rust, then use some filler? Any thoughts on how to approach this?

What's the best way to blend the pealing clear coat on the hood or is there a way to remove the existing clear coat without the paint?

Thanks,

Jeff

Hood3.jpeg

IMG_7740 Medium.jpeg

wiper.jpeg

Hood2.jpeg

IMG_7744 Small.jpeg

Hood3.jpeg

Hood3 Medium.jpeg

I would try some rust dissolving gel on it, like naval jelly or evaporust makes some as well

I would try some rust dissolving gel on it, like naval jelly or evaporust makes some as well

Thanks, I used an Evapo-Rust product on my radiator flush on my cooling system flush, and liked it. I will try the gel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom