Should I Re-Smog the 22RE? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, if you saw I’m in the middle of the timing chain job on the 4Runner. The previous owner did the EGR and air injection delete. I can source most of the emissions stuff other than the EGR modulator doohickey. But I can get the cooler plate and a new egr. I’ll have to find the air injection tubes.

I thought it might be a good time since the head will be out. Since I plan on selling or trading it I’m not sure if I should do it or not. It runs so good I’m tempted not to, but at the same time, it would be nice to have it in more of its original state.

What do you all think?

Mahalo!

So, if you saw I’m in the middle of the timing chain job on the 4Runner. The previous owner did the EGR and air injection delete. I can source most of the emissions stuff other than the EGR modulator doohickey. But I can get the cooler plate and a new egr. I’ll have to find the air injection tubes.

I thought it might be a good time since the head will be out. Since I plan on selling or trading it I’m not sure if I should do it or not. It runs so good I’m tempted not to, but at the same time, it would be nice to have it in more of its original state.

What do you all think?

Mahalo!
Leave it as it is now.

The more the Im doing the more I wish I was wrenching on a 2F. I don’t know why the old motor bug bit me so hard.

There are a few pieces that were left on the 22RE that I can eliminate to clean up the desmog…. Like the metal vacuum run that sits between the head and intake. Also the BVSM is still in. I think I can just put rubber caps on the outlets for that. It was just looped to itself before essentially.

Keeping it desmogged will save me more cash for sure. I am replacing all the old hoses and gaskets with OEM stuff and using all the high quality Japanese parts for everything I replace. Definitely not skimping on anything that I am replacing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom