Sequoia frame patch? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone one have any recommendations for shops that do patch work on frames. 03 Sequoia with holes above the rear driver control arm. I would like to keep the truck for a few more years. Rest of the frame looks to be ok otherwise. No longer qualifies for the frame recall. Im doubting it can be saved, but would like to bring it to a shop just to confirm.

sequoia frame 1.jpg

sequoia frame 4.jpg

Have you checked with Toyota to see if it’s still might be covered under warranty? My brother has a brand new frame under his Sequoia.

Have you checked with Toyota to see if it’s still might be covered under warranty? My brother has a brand new frame under his Sequoia.
How long ago and what dealership?

How long ago and what dealership?
Any Toyota dealer will run your vin for you to see about open recalls. I’m guessing it’s a no go but worth checking.

There's no shop that will weld a frame. Way too much liability.
Thanks. I was suspecting that. Called a shop in Tinley just to see and as soon as I said sequoia, he sad No. So if anyone knows of a 3rd gen 4runner enthusiast who might be interest in doing a V8 swap, I have a donor. Someone who perhaps has more than one 3rd gen and a youtube channel.....

Thanks. I was suspecting that. Called a shop in Tinley just to see and as soon as I said sequoia, he sad No. So if anyone knows of a 3rd gen 4runner enthusiast who might be interest in doing a V8 swap, I have a donor. Someone who perhaps has more than one 3rd gen and a youtube channel.....
There are places that can fix them but you kind of have to find the right people. You’ll get no warranty or coverage if it breaks. My experience that if its that bad theres nothing much better to weld on anywhere nearby that damage area.

[QUOTE="3rdgen, post: 13537244, member: ]
So if anyone knows of a 3rd gen 4runner enthusiast who might be interest in doing a V8 swap, I have a donor. Someone who perhaps has more than one 3rd gen and a youtube channel.....
[/QUOTE]

Text me with the info.
I'll pass it along to that guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom