Selling my 40. Starting here (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.rutherfoto.com
Ya'll

I am putting my 40 up for sale and thought I'd mention it here before it goes to Ebay, ect. It would be cool to keep this rig in the YT Family. Bill Fiore, Dave Beattie, and I have all owned it at one point!

Most of you know the truck, but here is the rundown:

1980 FJ40 90,xxxx miles. But who know is that's 90 or 190,xxx!
2F
SOR two piece Headers
Marine Battery
ARB compressor
Front/Rear ARB Lockers
H41 4 speed Tranny
4" Lift
Q78 Super Swamper TSL's - 5 (bias ply)
Custom Roll Cage
Custom rear tire carrier - internally mounted above the storage bins
2 military storage boxes in cargo area (bolted to floor)
Poor Wally Skid plate
White Knuckle Sliders, welded to frame.
Custom canvas soft top (with factory Bows)
Complete rust free Hard top, including rear ambulance doors) and factory tire carrier.
Warn 8257 Winch (new motor) mounted on custom bumper (not sure what brand)
Aluminum tail gate (for use with soft top)
half - soft doors

New clutch, rear main seal, and clutch master cylinder with less than 500 miles (done by Wally
last year)
New Tie rod/drag link ends

*The factory hard doors have some rust along the bottom which should be addressed
*This has a decent 15ft paint job, but its not pretty. It's been painted a few times, so
not all the panels match perfectly. In the end, it could use a new paint job someday.
It has a few spots of rust here and there, but overall its virtually rust free. Frame is
perfect, with not a single spot of rust/rot.

PM me if you are interested. I will try to get some more photos up this week. I am still trying to figure
out a price right now (hence why its not on the for sale section yet) but feel free to throw a number at me if your are serious.

Cheers!

FJ40.jpg

Last edited:
You sell it now that my truck is painted the same color and will be ready in two weeks. Great looking truck Jon. Good luck with the sale.

I almost bought that truck before Dave. It was getting crispy in one or two spots but Dave and Randy took care of all that. Wish I had bought it then.

Sorry to see it's moving on!

Me too Lane! It was a hard decision to sell the 40. I dont have time for multiple rigs, and the HJ75 is better suited for traveling and exploring with the kids. I'll have a 40 again...that is certain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom