seat belts in my fj60 - need a recommendation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
howdy all, wife has given me orders to install should belts in the second row of my fj60. i'm looking into going the retractable rout with a set of fj62 shoulder belts but to be honest the project is more than i can handle. any suggestions on a local tech or shop that could do this for me? i called Jerry at Don's Auto Upholstery and he said he'd help but its pricey mainly 'cuz they've never done anything like this before. any suggestions would be mightey appreciated. Casey

What year is your 60? I did the 62 rear seat belt in my 87 and the hardest part of the project was finding the seat belts and trim panels.

mine was built in november 1982. i have a lead on a set of belts and hardware on a 62 being parted on here on IH8mud. one question i have is whether the year of the 62 makes any difference - will all years work for the retro-fit?

I'm doing this to my 60 as we speak. I've acquired the belts and trim pieces, but have had a hard time finding the motivation to get started.

I have no idea of any local shops that do this kind of work.

Wow Cameron! that is real coincidence. do you know if all 62 belts will work? any years NOT work? i talked to a guy at Don's Upholstery that said he'd do it but i think it'll cost me a few hundred bucks in labor which i don't want to spend. probably just goign to try to do it myself.

Wow Cameron! that is real coincidence. do you know if all 62 belts will work? any years NOT work? i talked to a guy at Don's Upholstery that said he'd do it but i think it'll cost me a few hundred bucks in labor which i don't want to spend. probably just goign to try to do it myself.

The early 62's didn't have rear shoulder belts, but that's the only difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom