SCLCC: February 2006 Club Meeting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.geocities.com
We will be discussing the time & place for the following club meeting at this weekend's meeting.

If you can't attend, but would like to have some input on these matters, pipe up before Saturday... I'll convey your request to the group. (New/potential member input welcome, too.)

I intend to suggest a weekday evening meeting, as it won't break up a weekend day as much as our past meetings. Say so if you'd like to attend but can't on a certain evening.

I will post the club's decision for time and place here afterward.

-Ed '70FJ40

PS--direct emails ok to PGHFJ40@yahoo.com

Well, there was unanimous support for weekday meetings among those at yesterday's meeting. We proposed the second Wednesday of each month as a general rule.

So, we are tentatively on for February 8th, at 7pm... location TBD.

The Parkway Tavern worked out fine this time, and our waitress volunteered to be the club poster girl... as long as she "didn't have to add or multiply." We were kind of confused by that, too. :beer:

Neither is written in stone; so everyone who wishes to attend, give your input : time & place. I suppose it will be majority rule (though we want to give new members the opportunity to join us!).

Last edited:
Hey i thought it was supposed to be the second wednesday of the month? the first conflicts with the SCCA GMM (if i decide to attend those...) But if that's the decision, that's cool.

I'm gonna use this post to keep track of some stuff we should talk about...

- TRAIL RIDES: A (new/potential) member, Bill Daugherty, volunteered to lead a trail ride around Johnstown/Ligonier/Boliver; let's set a date and get him people's info to get this coordinated (if it doesn't happen on this forum in the meantime--start a new thread if so). Also, remind people of CMCC dates, too.

- FORMALIZE BYLAWS: Specifically we should resolve as a club what constitutes a quorum (simple majority, or 2/3rds?), in order to vote spending on the web site up or down (since we may be asking for money). Also for voting on club meeting time/location.

- ELECTRONIC COPY of BYLAWS: we need to get an electronic copy of the bylaws we were working from, and modify them as we've determined.

- NEW MEMBERS: clarify you're in or you're not (so we know how to determine splitting up costs when we need to).

- WEB SITE: we should do an up or down vote on Manfred's proposal. If carried, we should collect money so that he can begin work.

- TECH DAY: It had been suggested that some would like to have a day where we get together to help newer owners through some maintenance issues. Determine the what/when/where.

- FORUM: Are members signed up & able to get club info here? Is the current level of email ok? How should we handle announcements: broadcast emails w/ link to forum ok?

- NEXT MEETING: when and where.

Please bring any additional items to my attention: I will add them to this post.

sorry to say that I will not be able to make it this time :mad:
The plant will be doing its winter capacity test on wedsday and I need to be there to keep water chemistry strait.

February Meeting @ Parkway Tavern: was attended by Ed, Tom, PJ, and Scott. Resolutions:

Trail Ride - will ask Bill D to suggest a date when he wishes to lead the ride he mentioned. Will post in a new thread on this forum, so keep your eyes open and let us know if you're in.

Bylaws - Scott says he will get an electronic copy of this (and he means it this time, right Scott?) :flipoff2:

Voting - we agreed that it shall require a simple majority of all active members in order to pass a move to spend club funds (or to request money from members for a new goal).

Members - we want to formalize whether someone considers themselves a member or not for the sake of voting and spending. Scott will create/find/borrow/etc. a membership form of some sort.

Web Site - not right now; we are getting most of what we want from a website from the forum. Once the club becomes more active, we will address this issue again.

Tech Day - will address next month, as those that were interested in this were not present.

Forum - not everyone is getting their information here. Tom suggested he could send a mailing to those not on the net. I will continue to send reminder emails when there's new 'club' info.

Next meeting - same deal: 2nd Wed of next month, so: March 8th @ 7pm, Parkway Tavern. Give your input in that thread early if you prefer a different time or location. Plan early so we get a little more attedance next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom