sand or bead blasting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have a surplus army trailer that i need to get sand/bead blasted so i can repaint the bed and sides. does anyone know where there is a good place in the NOVA area that can do this for me at a RESONABLE price????either industrial or a body shop???

thanks in advance guys

Talk to Burl Alfred in Winchester (VA Cruiser). He knows a place that does powder coating that may also do blasting.

Out near Bull Run Mtn there is a guy who does nothing but sand blasting.

Reasonable rates and does a great job.

His contact info:

kenny o'day of all-blast. he's off route 15 on bull run mtn. 703-754-3316

Also -

American Stripping in Manassas does all kinds of blasting, including plastic media - the only thing they don't do is the newest coolest thing - dry ice pellet blasting, if anyone knows of someone who does this, let me know ASAP, closest place I've found is NC and PA. I need to get all of the undercoating off my father in laws 356 and the stuff has asbestos in it (as does all old undercoating).

American does a great job, but they are not cheap.

If you do it DIY, I don't know for sure, but I have heard the CARC paint on those things is super toxic - even in the sanding or sand blasting. Again, this could be total BS but that is what i've heard. I do know that it's basically just automotive paint with a few additives and these chemicals are what's supposed to be nasty. Again, not sure, just hearsay.

Let us know who did a good job, always handy info.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom