Revival of a 24v BJ73 in Romania (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,
I am Sebastian, I live in Romania, and this is my second diesel Land Cruiser.
I am very thankful for this forum, have been reading a lot here, not writing too much.
Decided to make up a thread on my toy more like a journal, so that I can keep track on what I do and surely get some good advice.
Bought it more than 2 years ago,
Spanish papers, was running but would not go into 5th gear and would not get the heat up inside the cabin.
Had been used on a farm and so it’s been neglected but the chassis is solid, and the body needs some work but (I hope) nothing major.

Pictures when I got her
FB34CCDB-FB77-4E30-B282-8B7C0BD4A76C.jpeg

03D80B6B-D0E5-49DD-85C7-65106BEEE105.jpeg

The plan is to slowly get it to full function, so I slowly gathered parts for it in these years and now since I have time I decided to work on it. I enjoy wrenching and I believe it is pretty easy to work on this truck and there are not too many special tools one needs for it.
I just finished changing the water pump (quite pricey)
And then I took the radiator out and it’s leaking. Soldered it -leaking again, just small pores but still.
So -until I get the money to change the core on the radiator I still have a bunch of things to do:
-service fhe front knuckles
-refurbish the steering
-clean the interior, add some missing pieces
-find out why it’s draining the batteries and sort out the electric because it has so many wires I am not even surprised it kills the batteries.
So I got two new Exide 95Amp batteries for it and looking around I found two fuses which I don’t know what they are for.
183EDE70-9540-4B25-9581-E391D89A2312.jpeg

83CAAFC7-A796-404A-927A-15DB8166E22B.jpeg

The one on the left has some mockup wire sticking out and it was getting warm.
Can anyone point me in the right direction, where to read about these two fuses ?
When I measured this one, I was getting about 7Volts on it with everything turned off (engine, lights, etc) and I know this would be enough to slowly drain the batteries.

Also the passenger side battery seems to get charged about 8Volts less than the one by these fuses, I don’t think the above problem is related but I was wondering if this is normal.

It’s my first 24Volt diesel so I don’t know much about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom