Restore/Rebuild (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Congratulations. Very nice score. And yes a lot of good help here.

I love driving my 1970 3 speed column. It makes more sense for around town driving (less shifting) A four speed is more suited for trail rides. Just a personal opinion.

But just having a pig even if you just sit in it and go vroom vroom with your lips, ( like some of us do at times) it is a great high.

Hopefully you’ll get more drive time then shop time.

More pics is a must

I think @Gordobe can help you with this missing part.
1693444110843.png

I think @Gordobe can help you with this missing part.
View attachment 3415704
First of all congrats and welcome to 55 land. It appears most of the typical body issues won’t be an immediate need. Looks nice.
You will want to settle in with a FSM and start from basics. Get the fuel system a new filter and change the fluids on everything. Before jumping into major upgrades like transmission and transfer case swaps, disc brake upgrades,etc… make sure the truck runs , starts and stops. It all came from the factory doing so. Antiquated maybe but it will help you learn your new to you vehicle if you really want to see yourself putting miles on it verse getting in over your head and loosing money. All of those upgrades I’m going to promise you’ll not recoupe right away especially if you never get the truck sorted and reliable.

Secondly… @Gordobe do you sell these rubber adapters for blower to inner fender?

Welcome to pig ownership! I think I still have a 69 pig somewhere, yours looks like a really nice one!

Looks super clean, how's the rust situation?

Last edited:
Understandable too! These old trucks or anything old takes patience, money and understanding.
I’m rooting for anyone who keeps it simple and just drives something old verse just owning something old.
Six things with motors, wheels and tires around here. Average age 40 years. Newest is from 2006.

Take the baby steps needed to get it running and driving well.
Before jumping into major upgrades like transmission and transfer case swaps, disc brake upgrades,etc…
Stock brakes in good condition work great. They have stopped me in many bad situations for 52 years.
do you sell these rubber adapters for blower to inner fender?

I have enough material to make a few more. I'll try and take some time to get them off the work bench next week.

Take the baby steps needed to get it running and driving well.

Stock brakes in good condition work great. They have stopped me in many bad situations for 52 years.

I have enough material to make a few more. I'll try and take some time to get them off the work bench next week.
Please reach out as I would like one.

Hmmm... won't hold a charge and spaghetti for wiring. Those are probably related.
Congratulations on your Pig and welcome to the clan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom