Removing crankshaft pulley (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The tool I thought would work to hold the shaft still doesn't fit into the holes on the pulley. I have some diagrams of tools people have made, but along with having to source all the stuff, I'm not sure I have the tools to do this effectively. If I put some bolts into the holes on the pulley and tried using a prybar wedged between them to counteract the wrench would I likely warp the pulley? Any other ideas?

there should be threaded holes in a toyota crank pulley.. Grab a steering wheel puller or a crank puller for a chevy. It has a threaded rod in the middle. You'll need some pretty long bolts that go into those threaded holes in the crank. The tool you need has 2 slots 180* across from each other and a threaded bar in the middle that will push directly on the center of the crank pulling the pulley off..

I can probably loan you the tool? I sholud have both at the house.. supply your own bolts to go in the holes tho! Not sure if I could locate those!
If you need em call me tonight and I"ll throw em in the truck.

Got it worked out, didn't need a puller so much as something to hold the crank. Thanks though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom