remember the HAMS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In the current state we are in, is an excellent time to remember our HAM radios are meant for this exact purpose. I have programmed emergency channels, as well as some private repeaters into my handheld, and mobile. I currently hear most all of the fire activity, and police over the 2 radios, and 1 scanner that I have. They have been extremely beneficial to me, I can get information before any of the nextel alerts even go out. Just remember to delete any transmit frequencies on those channels so not to accidentally key up on the emergency channels. You can find local emergency frequencies in your area on-line. I have a couple lists here for Sonoma County, let me know an I can get you a copy of them one way or another.

At least one of my radios pretty much always monitors one of the PMC chat channels, therefore if need be we can always communicate through the HAM system. I recently received a new call sign, and no longer go by KK6AVF, my new call sign is KZ6PMC, feel free to call me with what ever I can help you with.

Thank you

PMC Chat Channels, that I am aware of are, no offsets or PL's