Rear tray for my rusty '86 pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I added a lockable box to my truck's bed. A good friend gave me his BMW top box and I am using it to store some misc things to free up space in the cab. I think it works great.
20171112_163333.jpg
20171112_163340.jpg
20171112_163346.jpg

So I have managed to ding my rusty a little!! Now trying to get it fixed.
20171214_094859.jpg
20171214_094952.jpg

I have straightened what i could and already did the right hand side fender, as it was rusty as well and a tree fell on it a while back. Now the driver side has some rot in the lower right bottom corner by the foot well. I will fight with that a bit and then onto replacing the fender, grill corner light and so on.

The grill is new, I wanted all black, had t9 buy the damn buckets in chrome. I'l eventually change those back to black. Looks a little weird now

Just so you know ... trucks with a black grill had silver headlight buckets.

Just so you know ... trucks with a black grill had silver headlight buckets.

Yep, you can see the black finish wearing off on mine in the upper left.

IMG_2394.JPG

Ok, that’s interesting. Mine is chromed with a black coating over that. Yours seems to be black with silver paint?

Ok, that’s interesting. Mine is chromed with a black coating over that. Yours seems to be black with silver paint?
Yes. What is even more interesting is some of the black trim around the windows is chrome underneath.

Interesting, I know the 60 series cruiser pre 84 had silver buckets as well. Some owners scrub off the silver and get the black look.

Yes. What is even more interesting is some of the black trim around the windows is chrome underneath.

Yep, my windshield trim is black, but chrome underneath.

B5450CC5-9AAD-482C-B577-B68E2BB29A74.jpeg
My previous 85 (purchased in 87) and my last 86 were both black/black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom