Rear tray for my rusty '86 pickup (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

getting ol' rusty dirty from time to time.
rusty.jpg

Update, nothing major but....my truck needed alignment bad, front driver's tire had uneven wear. Well, i guess it was time for some new tires anyhow, enter Falken wildpeak at3's. Good tire, have them on my hundy. Went 2 sizes up to 30" with stock gearing. Truck drives great!!! Pics to follow....oh, and i also installed brand new inner and outer tie rods to achieve perfect alignment. What is suprising is the parts prices, cheap if u ask me. Also got new door seals installed as well. Those were also badly needed, wind was howling pretty bad past the seals.

How about something like this?

Last edited:
Wow, thats pretty HD. I like my little tray. I wanted it to be as minimalist as possible, while retaining some functionality. I also cut the chasis behind the rear spring perches for better departure angle while offeoad. All in all i think its a good package, now if i could find a used driver's door to replace mine as it has rust on the bottom.

Yeh, I guess it is, but built to haul loads, and dump them. With the steel subframes this mounts to, about 500lbs all up. I forget what the stock box weighs, but the Rebco steel logger boxes for this size truck are about 800lbs.

After some minimal work she be looking like this now. Pretty happy that it looks likea decent vehicle that it is actually being taken care of...
20190119_070902.jpg
20190119_070906.jpg
20190119_084346.jpg
20190119_071310.jpg

I was going to suggest bumper ends. It’s not much, but it does exactly what you posted. It now looks “taken care of”.

I drove my truck to work today! I have a friend who is so infatuated with it, says he can't believe how good it looks. I agree with him. He drives the tundra in the pic..
20190122_082225.jpg

It sure is a good looking truck!

It sure is a good looking truck!
I don't think there's a better looking truck than yours, you got @KLF's truck!!!
That's the best looking one on the forum, hahaha

I don't think there's a better looking truck than yours, you got @KLF's truck!!!
That's the best looking one on the forum, hahaha

Well thank you for the compliment! KLF did an excellent job with this truck and she is a beaut...but any Toyota minitruck that's lasted this long is good looking in my eyes!! Especially yours with the sick rack. Have you ever thought about welding some light tabs on the top of the headache rack?

I already have the lights, also want to add a rear hoop and then canvas the thing. All in due time, since i also have an 87 diesel 60 needing attention.

I think pages 2 and 3 of this thread shows my renderings

Yup right on page 1. Look forward to seeing it enclosed with the lights - it's gonna be awesome!

How many of you actually putypur minitruck to work?? I find mine extremely usefull around the house..
20190127_171953.jpg
20190127_172016.jpg
20190127_172029.jpg
20190127_172103.jpg

20190127_171959.jpg

As you can see, i am also smoking and curing meat in my smoke house. I love this time a year!

What a beautiful place to be living!

I use my mini truck pretty frequently. I drive it every day and use it to haul whatever I need - Christmas trees, welder and car parts etc. it’ll be full of weeds and plants this weekend that need to go to the dump!

As you can see, i am also smoking and curing meat in my smoke house. I love this time a year!

Oh, I thought your hillbilly outhouse was on fire!:hillbilly:

:flipoff2:

9 years in my possession and the water pump finally went. Looks to be original.
Went ahead and done the switch, cycled and flushed the coolant, runs like a top.

20210410_135636.jpg

20210410_135640.jpg

20210410_135735.jpg

20210410_141648.jpg

20210410_143625.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom