Rear tray for my rusty '86 pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That makes me really tempted to hit my chassis with that stuff. That truck looks beautiful!

Thanks, it's really a rattle can job. I just wanted to put some life back into it. The chassis is solid, so I decided to make good by coating it. It's now good for life.

Fuel tank and skid are in. So are the emergency brake and electrical for the rear.
IMG_0989.JPG

I also will remove the front wheels to be able to properly coat everything with chassis saver. And I have to do some touch ups on the bolt heads that I just installed. Other than that, I think it's all good to go.

And here it is out of the garage, finally...drives wonderful. Can't wait to get the darn tray on.
IMG_0991.JPG
IMG_0994.JPG
IMG_0995.JPG
IMG_0997.JPG
IMG_0998.JPG

Last edited:
Superb

Been a while since I updated this thread, so time for a few updates. I changed jobs, so no more company vehicle as of yet, meaning the mini is doing daily duty. My commute is about 150 miles everyday, not including jaunts into the city for meetings and such. The truck is doing great, I have installed some Bistein 4600 series under it for more comfort, done the exhaust manifold gasket to get rid of the annoying leak and replaced brake master as it gave up the ghost en route to work last week. A couple weeks prior I did both clutch master and slave and the truck is pretty good now. I do have one issue though, after the truck warms up, the cooling fan clutch engages and stays on regardless of speed and ambient temps. A fan clutch is inexpensive but before I spring for a new one, I wanted to know if that is what the culprit may be. I am 99% positive that that is the problem. I have already replaced the thermostat last week with a factory unit and checked the coolant levels and all seems to be OK. Other than that I think this thing could go cross country with no issues whatsoever.
One side note, I don't think i'll ever sell this thing. Keeping it on the road is awfully cheap. The parts, even OEM, are relatively cheap compared to my Cruiser. Just a thought.

IMG_0232.JPG
Here is the backup to my company car...

maaan, your truck is great looking! I liked your pics in the "show us your rigs thread" Those 40 rims are superb. I'm liking mine a lot. Also thinking of getting some bucket seats to make it even more comfortable.

WHen I was doing reading on fan clutches last I read that if it keeps moving while the engine is off for more than a second or two (could be less) the clutch is toast. It sounds to me like it's the clutch, you could try to drain the old oil and put new in.

Hey, that's a great looking rig. That's one of the pics where I got inspiration from! Google Toyota pickup tray and it shows in Google images.. That's a great looking rig!! I dig the snorkel. Have u a build thread?

Hey, that's a great looking rig. That's one of the pics where I got inspiration from! Google Toyota pickup tray and it shows in Google images.. That's a great looking rig!! I dig the snorkel. Have u a build thread?
Sorry no build thread. Built this truck before build threads were a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom