Rear tray for my rusty '86 pickup (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm thinking a budget paint job would to this thing some nice justice. That would be next on my list.

I know this is not a build thread but I wanted to give everyone an update. I have been driving my mini more often now and have accrued a good 3k more miles since last update. It's a great pleasure to drive it and I have just fixed and restored my air con, which blows very cold, I have installed a stereo and I am in the middle of putting on a new exhaust. I will post a video and some pore pics. I love this thing.. Keep on trucking.

I could, just put on a new exhaust. Looking to get some new window runs and door seal, maybe brush some of the rust off. I'll update the thread more often from now on

Putting it to good use
^739198607338E043EB872424DF3B0DF034506D709AC146C2FB^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

So it's been a long time since I posted here but I think a thread resurrection is in order. I have been driving the truck a lot, to say the least and I have been giving my land cruiser most of my attention. Now, it's time to give the truck some attention! The brakes were gone in the front, one wheel was literally stuck that I couldn't even pull it in the garage, and I managed to somehow blow the rear diff. Forward a week and the truck now sits in the mud, wheelless. Rained a lot, ground got soft and jacks gave way. It looks deplorable but no worries, it will be rescued. I have the front calipers out for a rebuild, once those are in, I will disconnect the rear driveshaft and front wheel drive it in the garage. A relative small tear down will begin and lots of pics will follow. Stay tuned!

IMG_0533.JPG
IMG_0534.JPG
IMG_0535.JPG
And since I m working on rebuilding my calipers, I went ahead and designed my own.

its now finally in he garage so that I can pull the rear end and see what's broken in there. More to follow.

Out of the garage, lights and mud guards removed, tray bolts removed, ready for some chassis cleaning! Rear axle rebuilt and it drives real good..
IMG_0648.JPG

Restored fuel filler neck. Small progress but progress is progress...

IMG_0689.JPG
IMG_0690.JPG

So I am thinking of adding two jump seats in the bed of the truck. I think it would make for some fun riding in the summer on some light trails. What u guys think?

IMG_0814.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom