Rear facing side/reverse lamps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My eyesight is definitely getting worse , got a new to me pickup and it's stock rear reverse lamps were a joke - 17w 916 bulbs so those were upgraded to a pair of canbus led's . Still didn't address the dark blind spot 45-60* along and rear of the truck , so I added these -

WP_20160107_17_47_56_Pro.jpg

WP_20160107_17_48_08_Pro.jpg

I've since re-aimed the angle on them , they work awesome at night - especially when backing my trailer . Just a simple pair of aluminum brackets and a pair of cheap 18w 3" cube lights off Amazon -

Amazon.com: Nilight 2 X 18W 1260 lm Cree LED Spot Driving Fog Light LED Work Light Bar Mounting Bracket for SUV Boat 4 x 4 Jeep Lamp: Automotive

Lights seem pretty well built - I did use some RTV to help seal the wire harness entrance to keep from getting moisture/salt inside them . I also made the brackets longer than necessary to act as a splash shield and the truck is getting a set of Duraflaps special cut for a no-drill fit on the '14 Dodge .

If anyone has one of these trucks with the non-led rear lamps - here's what used in the stock reverse housings -
Amazon.com: JDM ASTAR 800 lumens Extremely Bright Error Free 921 912 PX Chipsets LED Bulbs For Backup Reverse Lights, Xenon White: Automotive

The fit right in nicely , no bulb out errors on the factory system either which can be a real pain .

I'd like to figure out a smaller and very well sealed led flood to mount in the same way on the Cruiser , well out of sight - perhaps a small 5-10 watt cube...still researching . I already have a set of led floods on the back of it for night work and moving a trailer around or hauling . When I repair the tub and install the better hard top/sides those will have to go as they are drilled and mounted to the rear of the hard tops sides - that's not going to fly on a restored Cruiser - if I ever get there .

Anyway - hope it helps someone ...

Sarge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom