Rear dual screen entertainment problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have issues with their screens not working and going through a repair?

(I know most will say just ditch them etc...)

My car is still under warranty from a used purveyor of cars. and one of the screens was found to be non-functioning.
The issue was a burnt in LCD with ghost images in the background. The other screen works fine.

I am having them repair it under their warranty as the car was sold as 100% functional.

They are having a difficult time repairing it, and replacement parts are, as you can imagine, insanely pricey.
They weren't super clear on the details but said that they couldn't just buy a new screen unit, that they might have to replace the wiring and maybe even the entire seat?

Just wanted to know if any Mudder have had theirs repaired or had experience with dealer warranties with the screens.

MJ

Last edited:
Well.. I’m sure you can just order the part, but MSRP is 6-7.5k depending on year, and online “sale” price is 4-5k. I’m sure they’d prefer to just replace with aftermarket headrest monitors.
I wouldn’t want to be in their shoes.

Yeah. And they recirc door is broken too so that’s next on the list. They are probably regretting this transaction....

I have a 2015 LX and I had one of the screens burn out on me. Found a replacement screen on Ebay for < $100 shipped and that was that. It was just for the LCD so you have to remove it from the car and open it up. Overall it wasn't too bad of a repair and it seems to work just fine a few months in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom