rear body mounts (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

While it is all together is it I’ll advised to sandblast the block. Gonna be hard to get to some of the nooks w a wire wheel.

Oh yeah! This arrived too!

2F124277-C887-4A65-BB14-C889FC0B5085.jpeg

Okay got some stuff done here.
Got the the boat anchor off the palate and onto an engine mount. Pulled off all the wires, intake, etc and started to get after that rust. Boy that took some time. I used a wire wheel, chisel and hammer, and I think it is actually starting to look like something that could look pretty good.

Plan change- not gonna put on a new timing chain and not gonna take off the heads. Just gonna roll with them. I will change the freeze plugs. Otherwise alternator, water pump, and starter.

Now for a big question. The only way that I can fit the rig in my garage is to have removed the springs. For reminder I am on a FJ80 frame. I am sitting on the bump stops.
Is it possible to place the drive train while it is like this? It is the only place that I have that is level. :/

Okay got some stuff done here.
Got the the boat anchor off the palate and onto an engine mount. Pulled off all the wires, intake, etc and started to get after that rust. Boy that took some time. I used a wire wheel, chisel and hammer, and I think it is actually starting to look like something that could look pretty good.

Plan change- not gonna put on a new timing chain and not gonna take off the heads. Just gonna roll with them. I will change the freeze plugs. Otherwise alternator, water pump, and starter.

Now for a big question. The only way that I can fit the rig in my garage is to have removed the springs. For reminder I am on a FJ80 frame. I am sitting on the bump stops.
Is it possible to place the drive train while it is like this? It is the only place that I have that is level. :/
Might be tricky to get the pan clearance on bump stops.

Can you fab something like this to drop it but keep the springs in?

@xtiaan2000 , you might want to reconsider pulling the heads and inspecting the lifters and cam. The roller lifters have a tendency to crap out from too much idle time. The roller bearings begin to starve for oil if the engine sits idling too long, too often and lead to the bearing, roller, and cam lobe going bad. It would be better to know about it now on an engine stand than later in the rig. Making a push-rod and lifter organizer is cheap, easy, and quick with a couple blocks of wood. Get to know this bad little mofo.

I am looking for a bell housing for a 2f to make this AA kit bolt together. Anyone have one sitting around? SOR has one, but you know about SOR. “You want which arm?!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom