rear body mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is what I figure will be my eventual go-to. NV4500 was recommended to use AC Delco GL-4 75W-85, which has a GM part number, that is now obsolete. I was lucky to scrounge the last that my local GM dealer had and a few more on eBay to use in both the trans and t-case. The Redline looks to be the replacement.

View attachment 3188701
GM MT fluid does have some mystical allure... Some of the Honda guys swear by it for their manual boxes. I can look up why...

I like looking at it, but not right now.
A while back I like a dumby I put a hole in the transfer case. Took it to a guy who told me I need to split the thing open and clean it before he could fix it. I didn’t wanna break all the freah gaskets doing this so he tried to do it anyway. Looked good when I got it back.

I have been putting the fluids in, diffs done, went to transfer case and it’s leaking from that spot!!!! So bummed. It’s a split case so I hear it’s easier but was not planning on this. :(

Good practice to pull the back of the case…that’s all I got!

I have a few of them, I'll post as I find them, keep reading.

Last edited:
I have been putting the fluids in, diffs done, went to transfer case and it’s leaking from that spot!!!! So bummed. It’s a split case so I hear it’s easier but was not planning on this. :(

Got a photo of where its leaking?

If its just a leak could you simply seal it up with JBWeld or metal putty from the outside? Transfer case isnt' under pressure and you just need to keep the fluids in right?

View attachment 3189587

I am looking for some new lenses to match the new stainless screws.

What is George’s valley hybrids addy? I love the Troopy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I’ve got a set of these in the garage somewhere, they were brand new ENS takeoffs. Make me an offer and they are yours -

Tucker

Glad I did it.

78F6548B-54B1-474D-B461-1E580F13FD51.jpeg
7AE584BC-6315-4800-A944-BE3A4D2A5A5A.jpeg

80578FBD-B481-407C-BB1B-F73AB8DBBFE3.jpeg

So definitely needed to be done. Thinking that I will build it up on the outside such that I can clearance the inside with no worry of thinness. With no leaks is the key!

Notice the crack! Boy, if I had only know she needed such tender hands. Thought she was tougher than that.

Funny luck that the impact, whenever it was, was right on the spot that they clearanced for the 4-1 gears. Super thin there.

Now I will make it dumby proof.

Hopefully

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom