Question about traction bar bracket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think that's the proper name. It the bar and bracketry attaching rear axle to frame. Anyway, one I've looked at has had the axle end bracket break off due to rust , then has been rewelded on by a professional shop.

Would this be something to definitely pass on or could it be an acceptable fix?

A few of us are running sans anti-sway bar for the off road advantages. But I wouldn't worry too much about one that had that bracket re-fabricated. It's a pretty simple piece of metal bracketry. As long as they got it in the ballpark for placement, you'll never know the difference.

If/whether you are talking about the track bar (only one, runs parallel from rear of differential to frame) or lower link (two - one on each end of differential - runs perpendicular from front of differential to frame), or even if it is the sway bar, if something has had to have a bracket welded back on for connection due to rust, I would think that would be of enough concern to pass altogether unless it can be identified as an isolated occurrence.

Check the entire suspension and frame out well on that one.

If/whether you are talking about the track bar (only one, runs parallel from rear of differential to frame) or lower link (two - one on each end of differential - runs perpendicular from front of differential to frame), or even if it is the sway bar, if something has had to have a bracket welded back on for connection due to rust, I would think that would be of enough concern to pass altogether unless it can be identified as an isolated occurrence.

Check the entire suspension and frame out well on that one.
Right. It's the track bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom