Pulled the trigger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally found a GX 470 I liked and purchased it. Cosmetically, for a 2004 it's in good shape. Owner pulled the battery connection to try and clear the blinking lights but only got the tach not working. But it got me 90 miles back home with no problems. So now I start with pulling the codes and fixing the problems. Can anyone suggest a code reader that won't set me back too much green so I can focus on what needs fixing. Just guessing, I figure O2 sensors need attention since the previous owner said someone told him the lights would go out if he put in new sensors.

I'll post up some photos soon. It's Ash Blue Mica.

I've got one of these and it's worked on my Tacoma, Jetta, GX470, and Yukon. You'll need an android of some sort to connect and an app. I use "Torque Lite" and it'll read codes, erase codes, and some basic logging if you set it up right.

There's another good program that you can use with a USB dongle and a laptop but I have yet to be able to set it up on my laptop for some reason.

Congrats! Post some photos of your new prized possession.

Grab a Techstream, it will serve as a code reader + so much more. All you need is a laptop and a cable, the software is available online in the form of a virtual machine.

Congrats! That light blue will be easier to keep looking clean than my Meridian Blue Pearl....

My Code Reader was purchased on Amazon for about $25 and does everything that I need it to do, as a 'home mechanic'. Allows me to ID the code causing the light/symptom, I can look up the code on my phone or computer. Saved me a bunch of money on my van last year when the CEL came on - dealer wanted $150 to look at it. Bought the reader, found out it was one of the many little valves in the emission control system, which cost $23.75 at the local O'Reillys. Took about 10 minutes to replace. $100 ahead and can use it on any of my other vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom