Project "Sparkles"-1997 LX450 Gen V 6.2 Swap (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Earls oil cooler block off with port for factory Toyota oil pressure sender. An adapter is needed to convert the 1/8 npt to the 1/8 bspt for the factory Toyota sender. Adapter part number is EARLS 968699ERL
View attachment 3561324
Another option is to just drill and tap the factory block off plate. They are plenty thick. I did this on one of mine, been doing great for almost 9 years.

Alittle progress tonight. Got the GM t-case removed and the Torfab adapter plate installed as well as the t-case shift bracket bolted on. Also mocked up the air intake. I decided this will be the “make it run” intake then I’ll build a nicer looking one. Oh, also let my 5 year old daughter color on the trans heatshield. I thought it would be cool to show her in 15-20 years when I tear it all apart again haha.
B4A7BD81-51C9-46F0-8A78-7B0AFB102959.jpeg
37D888FF-7A9B-4E16-BF2B-1794079B0E19.jpeg
7A809EB3-D502-4DED-B5FC-557941EB29D4.jpeg
AAC24488-44C7-4964-8F73-DD4BBBFA342E.jpeg

For anyone following this I’m trying to find an easy to follow spreadsheet for wiring.
Mainly: a source for ignition hot through crank, and ignition on, fuel pump.

I’ve found a couple around the inter webs but my colors don’t seem to match what they are detailing. 🤷‍♂️

Does the factory FSM/EWD not have what you are looking for?

For anyone following this I’m trying to find an easy to follow spreadsheet for wiring.
Mainly: a source for ignition hot through crank, and ignition on, fuel pump.

@TLC94LS brakes it down pretty well.

Does the factory FSM/EWD not have what you are looking for?
I believe I found one that works on the forum. Turns out the LX450 has slight and major variations from the Land Cruiser. For instance, the hot wire from the ignition coil on the LC80 is black/green and on the LX it’s black/red.

I believe I found one that works on the forum. Turns out the LX450 has slight and major variations from the Land Cruiser. For instance, the hot wire from the ignition coil on the LC80 is black/green and on the LX it’s black/red.
I wasn't aware of that. Good to know.

So I discovered some clearance issues on the driver side with the factory manifold. First, it’s pretty close to the steering shaft and gear box and the collector is 1/2 way over the frame which also puts it pretty close to the brake line on the frame. In order to gain some clearance and to help the exhaust guy I ordered a set of “tight fitting” headers from speed engineering. These are stated to be for “narrow frames” on swapped applications. Also ordered thier plug wires and heat sleeves because why not while I’m there.
IMG_6469.jpeg
IMG_6468.jpeg
IMG_6470.jpeg
IMG_6467.png

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom